CC get togethers on land

Hi Family (well that's what you all feel like),

Are there ever any get togethers on land? From reading everyone's posts some of you have been posting for years and I was wondering if any dinners, or other evenings, are planned? It would be fun to get together, we'd have a ball.

Cheers,

PAC:D

From my bad memory, we have had 3 or 4 'gatherings'.:) That is here in Sydney though. We had a get together for the Pacific Dawn Maiden Voyage last year, which was great.:) We also had a End of year do last year, which I think there was 18 of us or so.

And of course we had the 2 Queens here in Feb. We did a Harbour Cruise for lunch. That was a fantastic day.:D We had Kym and Martin come from Brissie and Karen (Cloakndagger) and Chris from Victoria make the trip. Not to mention Chez from Port, Geoff from Newcastle and quite a few from the Central Coast.

There was also a small gathering for when the Regal Princess arrived in October last year.

If there was any more, let me know, I may have forgotten!!:p :eek:

I realise it would be difficult to have one gathering inviting everyone from different states, but each state/capital city could have their own. I know I'd love to attend something, we'd all have something in common & new friendships would be made along the way.

Cheers,

PAC:p

Jarrod's memory is very good.

The Two Queens had a wider attraction, as the two Cunard ships were only meeting up in Sydney.

Last year there was a Brissie and a Sydney Christmas party.

The opportunity for large get togethers is few and far between. Maybe with some far off planning, a CCers Aussie cruise will happen someday.

Beyond that PAC, many Sydneysiders will catch up with fellow CC members when they are in Sydney to depart for their cruise. There is some amazing cruise ship action in Sydney in the new year. We are in Sydney for 2 days before our cruise departs the Quay on 6th January.

We have plans to meet up with a few other CCer's while we are there, and wave off some friends on other cruises those days. We are excited to be sharing a drink/coffee/lunch etc with friendly CC folk while we are in Sydney.

Speaking of which, I will be in Sydney for NYE/day if anyone wants to meet up. Oh and if we have to wait for a bus on the 5th, then I am up for a drink with you and Barb, Geoff.

Hi Jane,

Will catch up on MSN of course for time and place. Love to catch up, and we will be definately capturing plenty of pics and video of Volendam's sailaway. Through CC we have also got some cruise buddies departing on Diamond Princess and Millennium, and can't wait to meet Minxy & JP when they make it to Sydney prior to their Dawn Princess cruise a few days later.

WHile my previous answer was directed for a Sydney poster, Brisbane also has the Portside gang. Several Brisbane CCers make it to most Portside departures, so there is plenty of opportunity to meet up with them.

Wonder want suit of discount we could get as a group all on the same cruise. Lets say 2yrs from today 7nights pacific Dawn. Plenty of time to save, organise etc etc..... who's in:confused:

gkaclt 2Adults 1 Teen 2 children.

Wonder want suit of discount we could get as a group all on the same cruise. Lets say 2yrs from today 7nights pacific Dawn. Plenty of time to save, organise etc etc..... who's in:confused:

I'll be in!!! If we plan, say 2 years ahead, it gives everyone the opportunity to save & organise. We have 2 children (14 & 11), we're putting them through private schooling, plus a mortgage, plus bills ... can't can't just 'hop' on a cruise at short notice, but given time we can plan ahead.

gkaclt, that's a brilliant idea! Anyone else interested?

Cheers,

PAC:)

In order to call it a cruise critic cruise, it will need to be organised through CC's guidelines - which unfortunately align to a US T/A that will not be able to facilitate the Oz booking.

Check out this page

http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groupcruise.cfm

Maybe we can get P&O Australia or one of the visiting summer ships to arrange something with CC for the Aussie market.

Archived