Fellow Platinum cruisers

pryd

Got a laundry question:

The bags they give you to stuff your laundry in are flimsy and small, has anyone used....a different container...say a garbage bag for their FREE laundry?

Got a laundry question:

The bags they give you to stuff your laundry in are flimsy and small, has anyone used....a different container...say a garbage bag for their FREE laundry?

we recieved the regular bag that is used for laundry service...the one that is in the closet when you get in the room....

it was a large paper sack. I checked.."on hanger"..and received all 1st weeks items, neatly pressed, on separate hangers, and a bag over all...How nice was that for the 2nd week..niiice.. I had it picked up on last sea day, and it was returned on next day/turn-around 1st day. lucky..again

Laundry is unlimited but they will only pick up once a day...LOL

Now I still have to work on the logic of 24 hr Pizza that opens @ 11:00am. Once I have that figured out I'll be fine

Sorry Brenda:

On my 1st and 2rd Carnival cruise the Capers mentioned that there was a pizza parlor that was open 24/7 and then they said it would open @ 11:00am

Joke was, that this was for the first day of the cruise only, but it made you think twice about it when you read it.

Used to be my tag line on the boards.

I know this is off topic (sorry) but I figured since there are alot of platinum cruisers looking at this thread I might get a quick responce.

When does platinum status begin. Is it on the 10th cruise or after the 10th cruise (11+)? I know I am along way from platinum status but I have just started going on cruises on my own (no parents) and have already done 3 this year with 1 more paid for and a 4th in the works so I'm catching up quick.....Man I love cruising :D

I know this is off topic (sorry) but I figured since there are alot of platinum cruisers looking at this thread I might get a quick responce.

When does platinum status begin. Is it on the 10th cruise or after the 10th cruise (11+)? I know I am along way from platinum status but I have just started going on cruises on my own (no parents) and have already done 3 this year with 1 more paid for and a 4th in the works so I'm catching up quick.....Man I love cruising :D

It begins on your 10th cruise!:)

it was a large paper sack. I checked.."on hanger"..and received all 1st weeks items, neatly pressed, on separate hangers, and a bag over all...How nice was that for the 2nd week..niiice.. I had it picked up on last sea day, and it was returned on next day/turn-around 1st day. lucky..again

I didn't know they would press and hang on a hanger for the "Free" Platinum service! The last two times we had our laundry sent out the pants came back so wrinkled that we couldn't even iron the wrinkles out!:eek: I had to wash them again so my husband would have something to wear for the rest of the week. So what's the secret to getting this kind of service?

Gotta love your enthusiasm there zippy!

At the rate your going, you'll be there in no time!:D

Gotta love your enthusiasm there zippy!

At the rate your going, you'll be there in no time!:D

Well, I'm cheating a little I guess. I'm an airline employee so I can fly to the port for free and we get amazing deals on the cruises themselves (paid $129 for a 1a gty and got upgraded to a 4F for the 5 day eastern on the Destiny on 10/20:rolleyes: ).

That's great too! I cheated too, if you can say that. I live 30 min from Long Beach port, so alot of my cruises are taken from there:D

Well, I'm cheating a little I guess. I'm an airline employee so I can fly to the port for free and we get amazing deals on the cruises themselves (paid $129 for a 1a gty and got upgraded to a 4F for the 5 day eastern on the Destiny on 10/20:rolleyes: ).

But here's one laundry question that doesn't get asked.........................

What if you have whites, or light coloured clothes, and dark clothes too.... Are they all put in together into the wash machine, or do they get seperated ??

I didn't know they would press and hang on a hanger for the "Free" Platinum service! The last two times we had our laundry sent out the pants came back so wrinkled that we couldn't even iron the wrinkles out!:eek: I had to wash them again so my husband would have something to wear for the rest of the week. So what's the secret to getting this kind of service?

Same with me. I quit sending items as they came back worse than when sent. Ruined a pair of linen shorts. Everything wrinkled. I only send socks & unmentionables now. Never had anything pressed. Are you sure your not charged for the pressing, Lucky? BTW-Princess will press as a perk.

We use the free wash and fold at least once a cruise (sometimes twice).

It is my understanding that all your clothes are placed in a "netted laundry bag"...which would make sense to keep the cabin's clothing together.

We have always received excellent results but it could be because we only send limited items. Underwear, socks, kids shorts, tshirts and jeans etc.

I do not send any of my clothing that needs any kind of special care.

Also: I always write on the bag AND the ticket:

"Platinum Free Wash and Fold"

And of course I tip the cabin steward. (usually $5 a bag)

I was used to Princess laundry service and made the mistake of sending better clothes the first time I used the Platinum service on Carnival. A pair of linen shorts were ripped, a shirt lost two buttons, and a jacket needed to be pressed professionally. Never again. I only send cotton items now. Never send anything nice.

I have received them back usually in white paper bag or in a black metal tray.

I wondered last month if my cabin steward on the Majesty of the Seas thought was curious about my clean laundry coming from a Carnival laundry bag. Just worked out that way.

BTW-I don't think I received the 'personalized' stationary last few times. That probably should be discontinued if it hasn't been already.

Best perk is the VIP check in at the pier-IMHO.

It is my understanding that all your clothes are placed in a "netted laundry bag"...which would make sense to keep the cabin's clothing together.

And of course I tip the cabin steward. (usually $5 a bag)

ok, i can see where this makes sense,, but do they put it ALL ( dark & whites) in same bag?

( I have tried to send seperate bags of white/dark)

now, the wash may work ok, but how do they dry these items in a bag? they seem to come back pretty wrinkle free & folded nicely, I wouldn't think they could return that way if dried in a bag ... ?

um why do you tip the steward? it would be cheaper to wash & dry the stuff yourself.

I had one bad incident on a cruise. 2 of my white items came back with a green tint to it. (all my other items were fine).

pursers desk could not explain how that could have happened. gave me choice of keeping items & them trying to correct it, or give me some $$ back. I chose for them to try to fix it, purser said she personally went to laundry to try to get this fixed.

items returned ;better; but not perfect, but I decided to still keep them.

make sme very leary about this service again.

Archived