Fellow Platinum cruisers

pryd

ok, i can see where this makes sense,, but do they put it ALL ( dark & whites) in same bag?

( I have tried to send seperate bags of white/dark)

now, the wash may work ok, but how do they dry these items in a bag? they seem to come back pretty wrinkle free & folded nicely, I wouldn't think they could return that way if dried in a bag ... ?

um why do you tip the steward? it would be cheaper to wash & dry the stuff yourself.

I had one bad incident on a cruise. 2 of my white items came back with a green tint to it. (all my other items were fine).

pursers desk could not explain how that could have happened. gave me choice of keeping items & them trying to correct it, or give me some $$ back. I chose for them to try to fix it, purser said she personally went to laundry to try to get this fixed.

items returned ;better; but not perfect, but I decided to still keep them.

make sme very leary about this service again.

I would try sending darks one day and whites the next!!! That way they definately would not be washed together.

As for the tipping...I just do it because I appreciate this extra service they are handling for me. We really pack those bags...so I get my money's worth! :)

I have to say that the clothes have always come back folded well and a lot less wrinkled than when I do them!!! ;)

I would try sending darks one day and whites the next!!! That way they definately would not be washed together.

;)

ahhhhh but you are not the only one sending laundry down they must toss many bags in the machine at one time!

I really need to investigate.....

Nope..no extra charge, as my statement was just the usual tip/martini charges..and no extra for laundry. I just checked the "on hanger" block. They were all on a separate hangers. All diff colours, fabrics. I would have pressed them if I got them back wash n wad, for sure..As I am verrry pert tic u lar..I iron all things wrong side out, to prevent shine, and never press over seams. All the front plackets were nice and flat. Most of my capri sets are cotton and always have that worried look if allowed to dry til crispy (which I don't) sleeves creased as well as capris. Knit 's were nice n smoothe. I didnt write any special handling instructions. But did tip the delivery fella. I dont use a dry cleaner even for my really nice things, unless it is a suit jacket with all the padding etc. I'm a do it myself ( dainties, silks, and all of my Spenser Alexis tops) in the sink gal, and am pleased with the outcome. There's prolly a name for this, but so what. More $$ to cruze :D .

Nope..no extra charge, as my statement was just the usual tip/martini charges..and no extra for laundry. I just checked the "on hanger" block. They were all on a separate hangers. All diff colours, fabrics. I would have pressed them if I got them back wash n wad, for sure..As I am verrry pert tic u lar..I iron all things wrong side out, to prevent shine, and never press over seams. All the front plackets were nice and flat. Most of my capri sets are cotton and always have that worried look if allowed to dry til crispy (which I don't) sleeves creased as well as capris. Knit 's were nice n smoothe. I didnt write any special handling instructions. But did tip the delivery fella. I dont use a dry cleaner even for my really nice things, unless it is a suit jacket with all the padding etc. I'm a do it myself ( dainties, silks, and all of my Spenser Alexis tops) in the sink gal, and am pleased with the outcome. There's prolly a name for this, but so what. More $$ to cruze :D .

You are indeed a luckycruzer;)

Archived