Taxi to 7 mile beach

Kim

Can anyone tell me the best way to get to 7 mile beach and where we should ask to be dropped off? Is there a hotel nearby that we could use the facilities for a fee? How much should it cost to drive to this beach? Best by taxi?

Thanks

I'll make a quick post to bump this up for you Kim. I know 7 mile beach starts a mile or so north of the tender area. You should get a good view of it when your ship pulls into port. We stayed on the other side of the island so we always went to the public areas with parking although there are public access walkways along the beach as well. I dont think the cab fare could be too much because the beach is basically down the street. Have Fun, Rick

A taxi will cost about $6 per person each way. The hotel name has recently changed (it used to be the Holiday Inn) but it now may be the Courtyard?) It is across the street from the beach. It has rest room facilities and there was a rental shack for water equipment. It used to cost $10pp for a lounge chair which included a cold beer or water. Just ask your driver. Don't let him drop you at the Colony Club. That is where the cruise ship booked beach tours go and it will be beach blanket bingo! We too are on the Mariner next week. How about you?

Bon Voyage

I'm not sure of the name of the resort we were at last year, but we simply went out of the docking area and there were a ton of taxis/vans ready to take you to the beach. It was $3 each way per person and $3 per person to get into the resort area to use their facilities. It was extra for chairs, drinks, etc. There were also jet skis and other watersports for an additional fee. Also, it was NOT crowded at all so I'm sure the cruise ships went elsewhere. We had a great relaxing time.

Sounds as if ground transportation is readily available and relatively safe. Besides getting dropped off at the Courtyard do you have any other tips?

We will be on the Mariner at the same time!

Thanks.

A taxi will cost about $6 per person each way. The hotel name has recently changed (it used to be the Holiday Inn) but it now may be the Courtyard?) It is across the street from the beach. It has rest room facilities and there was a rental shack for water equipment. It used to cost $10pp for a lounge chair which included a cold beer or water. Just ask your driver. Don't let him drop you at the Colony Club. That is where the cruise ship booked beach tours go and it will be beach blanket bingo! We too are on the Mariner next week. How about you?

Bon Voyage

• 1 month later...

Archived