Dolphin Encounters

bump1205

I have never been on this excursion but have researched ALOT. There is a lot of hype for the ones in cozumel but I would reccommend you really think about it.

Im still wondering whether i should do it myself... you literally get to spend a very short time with the dolphins and its very programed. Basically, they do a routine of tricks that they are trained to do for about 20-30 minutes.

If you go to dolphin discovery's website you can actually see a video of exactly what you will be doing. Maybe I'm picky but i wasnt overly thrilled.

Im really confused still. If someone can shine the light on this for me that would be great!

worth it or not worth it. ? I heard it was more for kids than anything else. *shrug*

Has anyone tried any of the dolphin encounters in Grand Cayman? Trying to decide between one in Cayman or Cozumel.

Thanks!:)

Can't help you with GC, but have done the one in Cozumel, which is OK, but not great. Not enough time in the water with the dophins for the money and a lot of peripheral touring of the facility there leading up to the enounter. If you have children who really want the experience, then I guess you have somewhat of a dilema - and I would go online or continue to monitor these boards to get more info on GC as a comparison.

Unfortunately the best encounter we've experienced isn't anywhere near where you're going to be, but if you ever have the opportunity, the best one we've been to (the only one we've been to other than Cozumel) was in Curacau. It was very good - plenty of one on one time, small groups, etc.

bump - You may have trouble getting any info on the dolphin encounter in the Caymans because if it is open yet it has not been open for bery long. We were there in July and it wasn't open then.

I hope this helps!

And as of now there still aren't any such operations open in Cayman.

Major projects in the Caribbean are notorious for opening behind schedule. The developer will make an announcement of a planned opening in a certain month. The standard joke is they never say which year they are referring to.

Archived