Guarantee Cabin assigned in one day

I just got my assignment and it is forward D-1 but it is a connecting cabin which I had rather not have. Called and was told can not change. Anyone ever have a connecting cabin? If so do the ajoining doors keep the sounds out?

We had a connecting OV last year and never heard a peep from our neighbors, either side. The walls must be pretty good.

We also booked a inside guarantee on Voyager and were upgraded to a Promenade view. I am very excited, as this is my first time on a Voyager class ship (a little behind the times, I know). Does RCL have trouble selling these cabins? It seems strange that so many of us would be upgraded to these cabins months before sailing...although, I am very pleased with the

"upgrade":).

My friends booked a balcony guarantee; they got a D1, so they are quite pleased with that as well. There room is connecting, which they aren't thrilled with, but I will pass onto them that these cabins are usually quiet, and they will be glad to know that!

We booked our guarantee balcony and have already been assigned a cabin. Now, the price on the website shows $50 lower. If we try for the price decrease will we keep our cabin or go back in the pool? This is our first guarantee and I'm not sure how all of this works. We've also submitted a C&A savings certificate. Can we get all of that without changing the cabin??????:confused:

Hi!

I booked a guarantee for Nov and saved lots of $$$, so now I tried to do the same in Jan. I changed a JS for $2300.00 to a balcony gty for only $1182.75!! At almost half price, I'm very happy in a balcony!

Luvscruising2007

My understanding is that if you change to take advantage of a discount on a guarantee, then you go back in the pool awaiting assignment.

I don't know about the saving certificate. If it is still available, you should be able to get it re applied. If its not available now, it could be a problem.

I'm really anxious about the room assignment. I didn't get an upgrade last time:( , but I'm hoping for one this time around.:)

However, with the savings, all balconies are good!!!

Dorie

We booked our guarantee balcony and have already been assigned a cabin. Now, the price on the website shows $50 lower. If we try for the price decrease will we keep our cabin or go back in the pool? This is our first guarantee and I'm not sure how all of this works. We've also submitted a C&A savings certificate. Can we get all of that without changing the cabin??????:confused:

the price of the NEW cabin category must have dropped to keep the cabin assigned, not the guarantee price. If its the guarantee price, then yes you would give up the cabin assigned and go back into the pool. You have to decide if its worth giving up the cabin for the $100 savings and taking another chance.

:( I called for the discount and they said, I would have to go back in the pool so, I said,"please forget I even called, I don't won't to give up my stateroom.";)

I just got my assignment and it is forward D-1 but it is a connecting cabin which I had rather not have. Called and was told can not change. Anyone ever have a connecting cabin? If so do the ajoining doors keep the sounds out?

called today and asked for a cabin change and got moved to level 10 in a non-connecting cabin...last night I called and was told no way to change cabins...guess it depends on who you get on the other end. I am a happy camper now!

Archived