Military Rate - Family and Friends

Does anyone know when and if Carnival will be having the "Miliary Rate - for Family and Friends" sale?

We are planning to cruise in the next few months with our son who is in the Marines and back from Iraq and were trying to find out if we could book extra rooms at the military rate.

I have never seen a family and friends addition to Carnival's military rate. However, the rate is good for anyone sharing a cabin with the military rate person. Many times the past guest and senior rates are as good. Also you do not have to be in the military. Anyone who has had two years of honorable active duty qualifies.

Also you do not have to be in the military. Anyone who has had two years of honorable active duty qualifies.

I was SO glad when I found that out. So many times us Veteran's do not get benifit from our service, but Carnival gives us something.

Typically the Friends and Family is in late OCT or NOVEMBER - at that time you can book several rooms in the name of the Military member. You might call a TA and see when the dates are, so you don't miss them. The Military rate is actually indicated by most TA's as generally being unbeatable as compared to Group Bookings and Past Guest, Residency or 55+ rates. You'll need to be able to FAX a copy of Active Military ID or DD214 showing 2 years of service w/ honorable discharge. You may have to be flexible in shopping/selecting a cruise as the Military Discount isn't available on Every cruise. ken

I have never seen a family and friends addition to Carnival's military rate. However, the rate is good for anyone sharing a cabin with the military rate person. Many times the past guest and senior rates are as good. Also you do not have to be in the military. Anyone who has had two years of honorable active duty qualifies.

Actually, there is a promotion that allows this. The Friends and Family promo runs usually around Memorial Day and Veterans Day. You can book two more cabins for other members of your party at the military rate despite the actual military member or veteran not being in the cabin as long as the military person is linked to the bookings.

I do like that Carnival honors Vets as well. They're just as deserving of "recognition" as the active military is! :D

They usually do Friends and Family in May and November....in honor of Memorial Day and Veterans Day. A Vet can book up to 3 cabins at the Military rate during these specials.

We are taking a group of about 30, they called us and offered it to us, we had enough veterans going to make sure that everyone going got the discount. It saved us all a lot of money.:D I imagine if they do it again for Veterans day, the PVP will be on the phone to everyone that booked since memorial day offering it to them if they have any Vets in the group.

The military family and friends rate should be coming up the end of this month or November. These times are in May and November and most cruiser aren't aware of them UNLESS they have military status with Carnival. As a note, they do very little advertising of this particular special.

Does anyone know when and if Carnival will be having the "Miliary Rate - for Family and Friends" sale?

We are planning to cruise in the next few months with our son who is in the Marines and back from Iraq and were trying to find out if we could book extra rooms at the military rate.

First of all, tell your son THANK YOU!!! from us. I had the option to book two more rooms at my military rate when we booked but couldn't get anybody else to jump on board.

Unfortunetely you just missed it. They had the promotion last month. It will come up again in November and then May. They changed the program up so I would wait until November to book it. If you book the cabins now, they will not let you apply the F&F discount retroactively as they have done in the past.

Tell you son Semper Fi for me and thanks for his service.

GO LSU

Dave (USMC '80-86)

Like others have said, Military family and friends is usually around Memorial day in May and the Marine Corps Birthday :D in Nov. OK, so it's around Veterans Day, but the 233rd birthday of the USMC is Nov 10th. Also like others have said, you get your sons room and two others at the military rate. Tell your hero we said thanks for his service to our country and Semper Fi. HooRahhhh:)

I believe Carnivaljunkie is mistaken on his rates. I have never seen a rate that beats the military rate and Family and Friends of the military has been offered at least once, if not twice, a year since we have been cruising with Carnival.

I booked a cruise for the end of November and was able to get the military rate for our cabin because my 17yo DD is in the Army National Guard. She just finished Basic in August and is still a minor and in high school. I asked the TA about it because of something I read on CC and thought it was a long-shot, but they said since she is in the cabin we can have the discount. :) I had to fax a copy of her military ID to Carnival and she needs to bring it with her. The past guest rates did not compare!

I think it is great that Carnival offers these discounts! This is a cruise to celebrate DD's 18th birthday, as well as her completion of Army BCT. It will be just me, her, and her best friend going this time. The discount allowed us to be able to afford to book a private tour in Cozumel on her 18th birthday! DH was concerned about us renting a vehicle on our own (without him to "protect" us), and I never book ship-sponsored tours, so the private tour guide was a good compromise. Still laughing about DD's comment DH that she now knows a few ways to "disable" bad guys, so why is he so worried about our safety...LOL!

We can't wait for our all-girls cruise! Thanks to all of you who have served/are serving our country :).

Boo

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to use it in May. Nothing I have ever seen beats the military rates. From trying to find the nex F&F sale on google it seems to be offered in May and November as mentioned. They did one in September this year as well. Unfortunately i didn't read about it until Oct 1st. One day off! I hope they offer it again so I can get some OBC for our Freedom cruise in November.

If they don't have the Friends and Family promotion going - you will only get the Military rate for the rooms with military in them.

We got two rooms Military rate next month and one past guest discount.

So if the promotion starts next month I probably won't get the discount because I am already booked, huh? Darn! Thanks for the reply!

My TA called Carnival and they said they do not know about a November promotion and won't know until it's released to the public. Does Jetskier have some inside info? I hope so, because we want to use the F&F discount!!

What should have been said is that the F&F program is not in effect at this time. Usually there is one in November but until we get word from Corporate all that is available is one cabin only for the military member traveling.

Brown_eyedgal,

If you already have the rooms booked, then they will not let you apply the F&F program to them. New bookings only. BUT, if you are not in penalty period, you could cancel two of the bookings and rebook them under the program.

Dave

What should have been said is that the F&F program is not in effect at this time. Usually there is one in November but until we get word from Corporate all that is available is one cabin only for the military member traveling.

Brown_eyedgal,

If you already have the rooms booked, then they will not let you apply the F&F program to them. New bookings only. BUT, if you are not in penalty period, you could cancel two of the bookings and rebook them under the program.

Dave

Thanks for the info...not too worried about it. Would rather keep what I have and not chance anything. Guess I just have to keep checking to see if the rates drop then, huh?

Thanks again for the help. Newbie here...;)

Just wanted to thank your son for his service to our country. Freedom is not free!

Archived