Princess Air Deviation - Limit on Pre/Post Cruise Travel?

EllieB

Hi...

Does anyone know if there is a limit on how many days prior to your cruise starts, or after your cruise ends, you are able to book your flight using Princess Air with an air deviation? We want to spend a couple of weeks in Europe after our cruise ends in London next summer and are wondering if we are limited to within a few days of the cruise's start or end date. Was wondering if others have done this with cruise air. Thanks!

I know with RCCL you are usually limited to around 3 days pre cruise and 3 days post cruise. It varies though by cruiseline.

Definitely follow the link 6rugrats has given you because even if it is possible to do what you want through the cruiseline, you are more likely to be better of (money wise and hassle wise) if you book it all independently from the cruiseline.

We had booked an air-inclusive deal for this past summer, but got bumped when the ship was oversold, so this re-booked trip for next summer has us locked in for Princess Air. Thanks for the suggestion and the link listed above.

We had booked an air-inclusive deal for this past summer, but got bumped when the ship was oversold, so this re-booked trip for next summer has us locked in for Princess Air. Thanks for the suggestion and the link listed above.

If you booked an air-inclusive deal, you most likely are stuck with arriving day of the cruise and leaving day of the cruise.

You will have to deal with Princess or your TA, but I can bet that you can probably do what you want. HOWEVER, you air inclusive deal and price will go by the wayside. You will still get your rebooked cruise, but air will be a totally separate deal, most likely with a heavy upcharge and air deviation fees.

MAYBE your TA sells a lot of Princess cruises and can make special arrangements. Please let us know how this works out.

We booked our cruise with air-inclusive Edmonton to FLL. We fly to FLL the day prior to the cruise. We arrive back in FLL Dec 30/08 from our cruise. I had to pay a deviation fee of $50 p/p as we wanted to stay in FLL a few extra days and fly back on Jan 2/09. If we wanted to fly back on Jan 3 - one more day, the air deviation was $250 p/p.

Thank you Greatam and Mindy2. When we had to change cruises, we were told by Princess in writing that they would "protect Princess air at the rates already included... including customization..." I called Princess yesterday to just find out what their general policy was regarding how early or how late you can fly in/out around the time of the cruise, and they said up to 30 days on both ends, which I was surprised to hear. I asked if she meant a total of 30 days, and she said no, total of 60 days....up to 30 days before, AND up to 30 days after. We only need a total of 2 weeks, so that works for us. I suppose we won't know for sure how this all plays out in our particular situation until it comes time to start booking the air through Princess. Thanks for everyone's help!

Archived