Anyone Golf???

VABeach

I'm taking my boyfriend on his first cruise and he wants to GOLF.

We are looking at golfing on either Cozumel or Beliez.

Has anyone ever signed up through Carnival's golf desk or do you book on your own?

We probably won't bring clubs with us.

Any advice???

Thanks so much!!

~jenny :)

We cruised to Cozumel in February and DH and a friend played golf in Coz. They signed up on the ship and the Golf Pro from the ship went golfing with them, They loved the course in Cozumel...they also played in Progreso but were not impressed:rolleyes: Dh brought his clubs with him, but our friend rented his on the ship without a problem. It was a little pricey, but worth it to them.

I brought my clubs with me last November and played with the ship pro in Coz.

I think it was around $125. That included round trip transportation to the golf club, greens fees, the cart, and practice balls.

For me, just a hacker (27 hcp) it was a great experience. It was my son, myself, and the on board pro.

As soon as you arrive at the club, they take your clubs from you and take them to the cart. Order a couple of beers and head down to the driving range. They deliver your drinks to you.

Around hole 14, the club manager meets you and takes a bunch of pix of your drive. At the end of the round he has the pix on display. You don't have to buy them but they were a good momento.

Then at the end, they grab your clubs and shoes from you and clean them prior to loading back into the cab.

Another interesting aspect was that usually people stand behind you to watch when you tee off to help track your ball..... In Coz, someone stands behind you to watch for crocs sneaking up :eek:

Unless you are a good golfer, bring plenty of balls. Each fairway is protected by swamp.

Pricey? Yes but worth every penney for the experience. Plus you have a pro along with you to provide a tip or two.

Speaking of providing a tip or two-it is customary to tip the golf pro on the golf excursions. DH has played a few times and he usually tips $20.00.

I think the tips are split between the pro and the guy(s) who take care of getting the clubs loaded and unloaded. My hubby has always just rented the clubs instead of taking his own.

I think the last time he played with tip, clubs, Carnival excursion, which included transportation, it was right around $170.00. I have no doubt this also included extra golf balls.

This was in Cozumel.

Wow! Thanks so much for all of the advice.

Sounds like you guys definately recommend going with the Ship's Pro instead of booking on your own?

I'm a new golfer, just started this summer. I'll try to rememeber not to bring my GOOD balls.... :rolleyes:

I just realized I'll be playing with clubs I'm not used to. :(

VABeach,

I'm sure your boyfriend has more class than I do and normally I would have known better but as with most Clubs and resorts, Coz does enforce a dress code. Slacks/shorts with collared shirts.

I wasn't even thinking when I packed and ended up paying $75 each for a Cozumel Country Club shirt for my son and I.

Just sharing

VAbeach~~~DH has taken 2 golf cruises with CCL and we are booked for a 3rd in April.

CCL has great golf packages. You sign up pre-cruise on elitegolfcruises.com

Fill out the questionaire, and someone from Elite will e-mail you with your confirmation number.

Then you meet with the onboard pro when you embark. They will give you the info re: your tee time and where to meet for priority debarkation.

Payment is charged to your onboard charge card.

The pro takes care of everything, even bringing along your water.

CCL/elite does this soooo well. Have fun.

Pat

VAbeach~~~DH has taken 2 golf cruises with CCL and we are booked for a 3rd in April.

CCL has great golf packages. You sign up pre-cruise on elitegolfcruises.com

Fill out the questionaire, and someone from Elite will e-mail you with your confirmation number.

Then you meet with the onboard pro when you embark. They will give you the info re: your tee time and where to meet for priority debarkation.

Payment is charged to your onboard charge card.

The pro takes care of everything, even bringing along your water.

CCL/elite does this soooo well. Have fun.

Pat

What is a "Golf Cruise"? I'm new. :confused:

Archived