Okay, I have a question.....?

Teekkanie

As we all know you can call Carnival and buy Alcohol, Wine, etc... and have it delivered to your room for the cruise, to drink as you like. :cool:

An we know that if you go to the gift shops, and try to buy Alcohol, they hold it for you until the last night of the cruise.... :confused:

But has anyone try to go to a bar an buy a bottle of Alcohol. I am sure it will be expensive, but hey, if you call to buy, they charge you an arm and a leg for it. So what would be the difference?? :confused:

Just wondered if anyone tried......

:)

As we all know you can call Carnival and buy Alcohol, Wine, etc... and have it delivered to your room for the cruise, to drink as you like. :cool:

An we know that if you go to the gift shops, and try to buy Alcohol, they hold it for you until the last night of the cruise.... :confused:

But has anyone try to go to a bar an buy a bottle of Alcohol. I am sure it will be expensive, but hey, if you call to buy, they charge you an arm and a leg for it. So what would be the difference?? :confused:

You can get it form the Shop and have it sent to your room for a $9.00 Corkadge fee,or it may have gone up with everything else,Ive never bought a Bottle from the Bar but I dont thing they can sell it from there, you have to Buy it from the Liquor Store!!; Someone correct me if Im wrong about buying a bottle from the Bar!)

I thought about that after reading your post and figure they'll charge you by the shot...I have no idea how mant shots are in a bottle so call it 17 shots x $5 a shot $85 - might be worth trying.

I looked it up 1.5 oz to a shot 26.something to a fifth roughly 17 shots.

I think you can order wine pre-cruise for room delivery, but I've never heard of buying liquor, pre-cruise. I'm pretty sure alcohol can only be bought from ship store and delivered on the last day of your cruise.

Donna

Yes, you can purchase liquor pre-cruise and have it delivered to your cabin. This is not something that Carnival advertises or promotes, but we've done it (Jack Daniels) and many others on these boards have as well. :)

I don't have the phone number handy that you call to arrange this, but I'm sure someone else has it readily available and can post it for anyone interested..

I think you can order wine pre-cruise for room delivery, but I've never heard of buying liquor, pre-cruise. I'm pretty sure alcohol can only be bought from ship store and delivered on the last day of your cruise.

Donna

Nope, not true.

We order liquor from the Bon Voyage department on every cruise. Vodka, Scotch, Bourbon, etc.... Its in our room after sail-away (darn Texas laws)

Nope, not true.

We order liquor from the Bon Voyage department on every cruise. Vodka, Scotch, Bourbon, etc.... Its in our room after sail-away (darn Texas laws)

Yep... very true...

It's a little pricey, about $40 for a typical bottle, but it's WAY cheaper than the cost of individual drinks.

Contact the Bon Voyage Department at 1-800-522-7648.

If they don't let you bring a bottle back to your cabin from the gift shop.....why in the world would they let you buy a bottle from the bar and take it back:confused:

RJ - I don't think you can have it prior to the last night if you buy it from the ship store. Don't they keep it and deliver it on the last day?

Oh oops I misread the question duh!!:p No the last night they wont I thought they wanted to get a bottle when they boarded to drink while on the cruise, Sorry for my Brain Freeze:D But you can buy one from the Gift Shop when you start out and pay the Corkadge fee I did last year on Conquest!! Unless it's changed!! Most people just put a bottle in their Bag and sneak it onboard!!;)

And, I reckon since I can't find it on Carnival.com under Gifts and Services, you have to call the 800 number for pricing?

Really, I might do that just to save the trouble of smuggling..lol. I really don't drink much but like to take a little something something for a pre-pool or dinner drink :D . And, I buy my share in the bars and enjoy DOD's everyday, too.

Donna

And, I reckon since I can't find it on Carnival.com under Gifts and Services, you have to call the 800 number for pricing?

Really, I might do that just to save the trouble of smuggling..lol. I really don't drink much but like to take a little something something for a pre-pool or dinner drink :D . And, I buy my share in the bars and enjoy DOD's everyday, too.

Donna

I thought about that after reading your post and figure they'll charge you by the shot...I have no idea how mant shots are in a bottle so call it 17 shots x $5 a shot $85 - might be worth trying.

I looked it up 1.5 oz to a shot 26.something to a fifth roughly 17 shots.

Bottles from Bon Voyage are Litre bottles - closer to 40 oz, so about a buck an ounce, or $1.50 a shot Way cheaper then buying from the bar.

Liquor bottles purchased on-board in the shops is held 'til the final nite. If you want liquor in your cabin at sailaway, call the Bon Voyage 800 number at least a week in advance to order (from a limited selection) 1 litre bottles between $40 and $60 per bottle. Apparently some of the operators plead ignorance of this and you may have to try several times! ken

Is it only wine and spirits offered or can you purchase beer as well?

Is there anywhere to see what they DO offer (selection/brand/size/price) other than calling?

There has been threads on here about that, but search has been down.

Archived