NCL Spirit - Canada New England Tips

carasita

We just returned from the Canada New England cruise from Sept 28 to Oct 4th. Because I would have loved to hear these tips beforehand, I thought I would share...

Martha's Vineyard Tip #1 - When called, go downstairs immediately to get your pass to get on a liberty boat. I heard that people that had passes for boat 10 and higher did not get to go ashore. There is also a car rental place that is right off of the dock. If you go early, you have a better chance of getting a car. (my favorite port by the way)

Martha's Vineyard Tip #2 - When leaving the vineyard to go back to the boat, get on the top deck of the passenger boat. Those passengers got off the boat first. There will be a very long line to get back to the ship, so be prepared.

Boston Tip - There are several restaurants over by the Union Oyster House that have $10 lobster specials before 4pm. It was a delicious treat for only $10.

Disembarkation - When leaving the ship, GRAB A PORTER to help you with your bags. It may cost your a $5 tip, but you avoid waiting in the long customs line. They let the people using a porter go right through.

Water Bottles - You can fill up your water bottles inside the gym with filtered water rather than paying $6 for a bottle of water.

The SHIP - THERE IS NO LAUNDRY ROOM ONBOARD! Learned that one the hard way. They do offer a mid-week special on laundry. $20 for a bag full of clothes or $35 for two bags.

We just returned from the Canada New England cruise from Sept 28 to Oct 4th. Because I would have loved to hear these tips beforehand, I thought I would share...

Martha's Vineyard Tip #1 - When called, go downstairs immediately to get your pass to get on a liberty boat. I heard that people that had passes for boat 10 and higher did not get to go ashore. There is also a car rental place that is right off of the dock. If you go early, you have a better chance of getting a car. (my favorite port by the way)

Martha's Vineyard Tip #2 - When leaving the vineyard to go back to the boat, get on the top deck of the passenger boat. Those passengers got off the boat first. There will be a very long line to get back to the ship, so be prepared.

Boston Tip - There are several restaurants over by the Union Oyster House that have $10 lobster specials before 4pm. It was a delicious treat for only $10.

Disembarkation - When leaving the ship, GRAB A PORTER to help you with your bags. It may cost your a $5 tip, but you avoid waiting in the long customs line. They let the people using a porter go right through.

Water Bottles - You can fill up your water bottles inside the gym with filtered water rather than paying $6 for a bottle of water.

The SHIP - THERE IS NO LAUNDRY ROOM ONBOARD! Learned that one the hard way. They do offer a mid-week special on laundry. $20 for a bag full of clothes or $35 for two bags.

thanks, I am sure many will appreciate your tips, it is always nice to see good suggestions, not all criticisms.

Nita

carasita (and others) - thank you for the suggesstions. I am printing your post (and others) and putting them in a notebook labelled "FUTURE CRUISES". It will have ship, stateroom and port information so that I can have some insight before the research process begins.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived