Cruising out of FLL, flying out of MIA - fastest way to get to Miami

Sailfish

We have a flight departing Miami that we have to get to after a cruise in Fort Lauderdale. We will be among the first group off the ship. My qustion is what is the fastest way to get there. We were wondering if it's possible to pre-reserve a cab? We can do so with a limo - not sure what's the difference. Bus transfers are out.

Any help would be much appreciated

When we faced this situation last March, we simply grabbed a cab when we got off Millennium. Lots of cabs immediately available. Expensive over all, but the incremental cost over a car service, limo, or rental car was not bad. Sunday traffic, not bad. Sort of a terrifying ride, but we were at MIA with what seemed to be plenty of time to spare. We lost that spare time in AA lines in the airport, but we did make our 11:50 am flight.

David

Thanks for the advice. I have a quote on a limo for $85 plus 20% tip already and will probably contact them. I am wondering what the price and time difference would be in pre-reserving a limo and taking a cab - any idea?

I can make arrangements to get a limo in advance. But I wasn't sure if I could simply walk off the ship and get a cab right away. Based on a what one cab company has said, not all cabs will take you to the airport in Miami. They may be out there waiting to pick up passengers after the cruise, but some only shuttle folks to FLL.

Last question...are cabs and limos allowed to park at the port and wait for PAX exiting the ship? Or do they wait off site until PAX arive?

Cabs are swarming right there when you get off the ship. At the Celebrity terminal there was a dispatcher guy who, when you told him where you wanted to go (for us it was MIA), put you in the correct cab. We were less than 5 minutes from leaving the portal of the cruise terminal to being in a cab and on our way. Our fare (for two of us) was around $80, so came to nearly $100 with tip. But things moved very quickly. Delays were within the Miami Airport terminal -- American Airlines.

David

Archived