Spiders at Dolphins Cove

WHENNEY

Just heard from someone who got back from Dolphins Cove and said there were spiders EVERYWHERE, even on the beach. Has anyone else had this happen to them? We are thinking of going (our cruise is in 2 weeks). We have small children and they would NOT want to be around spiders. Neither would I for that matter! Thanks.

Whenney,

I was there in August and there were spiders hanging from the trees. We took a picture of a huge one. I did not stay on the beach. So I don't know about that.

We were there for the snorkeling. Definitely not worth it. We booked the excursion on the ship. I wish I had known before hand how it would be.

ileene

I was thinking about swimming w/ the dolphins in about three weeks, it'll be our first cruise, could someone tell me about the park and swimming w/ the dolphins, if it's starting to look ran down, I don't want to spend the extra money for spiders - thanks ;)

I was thinking about swimming w/ the dolphins in about three weeks, it'll be our first cruise, could someone tell me about the park and swimming w/ the dolphins, if it's starting to look ran down, I don't want to spend the extra money for spiders - thanks ;)

Yes, the place in Jamaica was pretty run down. However,

we did not swim with the dolphins there. We swam with the dolphins at Chankanaab Park, in Cozumel.

My DH and I swam with the dolphins there in August. It was a great experience. Only saw large spiders in trees on jungle walk. Otherwise, didn't seem run down. Staff was a little pushy for tips, buy the DVD, etc but we experienced that throughout Jamaica. Our trainers did a wonderful job and the CD of photos we bought was worth it. I have the picture of Sally the dolphin kissing me as my desktop.

I have read that the experience in Cozumel is better, but we wanted to do Tulum there, so we did the dolphin swim/Dunns River falls combo and it ended up being our favorite day by far.

Sorry, but I just have to ask....otherwise, I won't even get off the ship in Ocho Rios.....are these large spiders everywhere? Or just near the dolphin cove area? I.e. we were thinking about doing the Dunn's Falls excursion...and seriously, I won't even go if there's the slightest chance I'd run into spiders. :eek:

Sorry, but I just have to ask....otherwise, I won't even get off the ship in Ocho Rios.....are these large spiders everywhere? Or just near the dolphin cove area? I.e. we were thinking about doing the Dunn's Falls excursion...and seriously, I won't even go if there's the slightest chance I'd run into spiders. :eek:

me either ...Im petrified

j xx

I only saw these spiders in one area on the jungle walk at Dolphin Cove. They had a sign nearby explaining what they were. It was just like a zoo. I did not see them any where else. IMO, If you stay on the ship, you will be missing out. Dunns River Falls was awesome!

My DH and I swam with the dolphins there in August. It was a great experience. Only saw large spiders in trees on jungle walk. Otherwise, didn't seem run down. Staff was a little pushy for tips, buy the DVD, etc but we experienced that throughout Jamaica. Our trainers did a wonderful job and the CD of photos we bought was worth it. I have the picture of Sally the dolphin kissing me as my desktop.

I have read that the experience in Cozumel is better, but we wanted to do Tulum there, so we did the dolphin swim/Dunns River falls combo and it ended up being our favorite day by far.

Hi! Thanks for sharing your review! We are planning on doing this in April! :D I have not found much info on it though!:rolleyes: How much was the CD? Also, was there a good beach? A good place to swim or snorkle?? Also, was there a place to eat??? Thanks!

Archived