Laundry on Windstar

Rehobo

Are there self laundry machines onboard the Windstar? If not, how do we have our clothes washed and pressed?

No laundry machines for pax usage on Windstar. Use the ship's laundry service - it's wonderful! Your clothes will come back as good as new; whites impossibly white, everything nicely pressed and on hangers. Turnaround time was about 24 hours.

Our one week cruise was extended to 2 weeks by pre- and post-cruise stays so we sent our laundry out twice. Total cost for the two of us was $77.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Can anyone explain how the "laundry program" we have heard about works?

Put you dirty items in a bag, give it to your room steward and he brings you back clean clothes the next day. No dry cleaning! Does not get any simpler than that.

Ok, I was just trying to be funny. I don't know of any plan but it has been about 14 months since we were on a Windstar ship and I'm not aware of any changes, but unless I am booked for a future cruise I don't pay much attention. Sorry.

Ok, even I can figure that part out Captain but is a straight pay per use or is there some kind of pre paid laundry plan?

On the Windstar site, they do list laundry packages -- from other CC'ers, I understand you need to sign up by the end of the first day or so of your cruise.

Here's what the site says:

UNLIMITED LAUNDRY PACKAGES

7-day Cruise Per Cabin - Double Occpancy $99.00

7-day Cruise Per Cabin - Single Occupancy $49.50

14-day Cruise Per Cabin - Double Occupancy $198.00

14-day Cruise Per Cabin - Single Occupancy $99.00

http://www.windstarcruises.com/WindstarExtrasDetail.asp?frame=shopping

Thank you for this and the link. I had been to that page but obviously never scrolled right down to the bottom. Kind of counter intuitive to think that "laundry" would be included with wine, flowers and massage.

I don't know about that - if I don't have to do laundry, it's definately a gift!

Just got off the Windstar in Costa Rica last Saturday, January 2 after a wonderful week. Regarding laundry, you can either "pay as you go" i.e. per item or take the weekly flat rate - depending upon how much laundry you accumulate in a week. We sent lots and we still found that paying per item was cheaper.

Just got off the Windspirit in St. Martin today. We couldn't figure out how we could have $99 worth of laundry during a week in the Caribbean. Just washed a few things in the sink.

We did it the 2nd week of a two week cruise - well worth it for us. If you want the package, you have to sign up for it precruise or on day #1.

We just got off the St. Martin round trip on the Wind Spirit on the 9th and the Laundry Package was the best deal I've ever seen on a ship. I wish I had know in advance, could have packed a carry on only! $99 unlimited laundry. Give the bag to your cabin steward by 9, back the same day by 4. My wife and I sent laundry every morning and came home with 2 suitcase full of clean clothes with nothing to do when we got home but put them away. BEST DEAL EVER!

• 2 weeks later...

Can any of you recent Windstar cruisers give us an idea about per-item charges for laundry? I realize that each type of item would have its own price, so just a couple of prices for reference would be helpful, like how much for pants/trousers, how much for a dress shirt, etc.

DH and I are trying to decide if the unlimited deal makes sense for us (doubt it), or if we should do per-item.

Archived