Spirit Class - New Categories

Catrin

FYI>>>>

Our 8C aft cabin on the Pride (5270 and 5299) is now an 8I.

I know they have been changing categories ship by ship, but wanted to let you all know the changes have hit the Spirit Class.

We booked an 8A, got upgraded to an 8C and now have an 8I. The main thing, is that we are trying an aft cabin for the first time in 9 cruises, so I don't care if they call it an 8Z!!

Catrin

I noticed that too when I looked at my docs again on line. I have a mid-ship room on the Panorama deck and went from an 8I to 8H.

Doesn't make any difference what it's called, it just caught me off guard.

I know. I looked at mine this AM too and saw that my catagory 8H is now an 8I on the Spirit. It's all good for this cruise, but next time our higher catagory rooms will cost us more. I have an aft balcony this time too. First time. So I guess for the next cruise, it's back to regular balcony for me. And not midship either!

FYI>>>>

I know they have been changing categories ship by ship, but wanted to let you all know the changes have hit the Spirit Class.

We booked an 8A, got upgraded to an 8C and now have an 8I. The main thing, is that we are trying an aft cabin for the first time in 9 cruises, so I don't care if they call it an 8Z!!

Catrin

.....besides my 'glitch' price for my November cruise, I just traded my aft balcony for a wrap on my December cruise. I know it cost me more but you only turn 50 once. I'm not telling Logan I changed it so it will be a surprise for him.

:D

wasiii

Now, come on... it's time to start owning up and not keep blaming everything on 'the darn computer'.. If you're technically challenged, admit it and move on! ;)

Shhhh...I was really trying to up my post count:D

.....besides my 'glitch' price for my November cruise, I just traded my aft balcony for a wrap on my December cruise. I know it cost me more but you only turn 50 once. I'm not telling Logan I changed it so it will be a surprise for him.

:D

wasiii

Oh Bill... How COOL is that????

He will love it!

BTW>> I read some posts about the Glitches being corrected.... did they ever contact you and tell you to re-book?

Oh Bill... How COOL is that????

He will love it!

BTW>> I read some posts about the Glitches being corrected.... did they ever contact you and tell you to re-book?

.....I think the reason might have been because I used their website to book it rather than a PVP.

:cool:

wasiii

Several weeks ago, in a telephone call to my PVP to see if there was a possible price drop on my upcoming Fascination cruise (there wasn't), he told me about the upcoming reclassification of cabins on all ships, starting, I believe, with the Valor and then the rest of the big ships.

I immediately came here after our call and started a thread to let people know about the cabin reclassifications that were on their way.

About a month ago, I went ahead and booked WAY in advance for Miracle, December 2009. I never book that far in advance, because I see absolutely NO point in putting that deposit down so early.

But I just had a feeling that the aft balcony cabins were going to be reclassed into a much higher class all their own. I had no "inside" info that this was going to happen; just a gut feeling.

I sailed in my only balcony last December (7192, an extended portside). While it was great to have a balcony, I really didn't think it was worth the extra money, since that was a special itinerary and had only 2 sea days.

But when I decided to book the Western with FOUR sea days, I figured I could justify the added cost, so I booked an aft. I thought it was way too expensive and was hoping for some big price drops over the months before we sail.

I was online Friday and saw that those cabins have been reclassified, as epected, and now cost about $60 pp more than when I booked a few weeks ago.

So I guess my intuition was pretty good!

I just check Carniva's website and my 8C forward extended balcony on the Legend is now an 8G. :D :eek: :D I just got a 4 cat upgrade and didnt even change cabins.

I booked this cabin in Feb. for only $20 more than an oceanview. We just lucked up and booked at the right time. Prices have done nothing but go up since then. Ship is nearly sold out.

FYI>>>>

Catrin

actually, the catagory is fleet wide. any cabin that is mid ship is now more expensive than other cabins on the same deck. some cabins (obstructed view and port hole) are now considered interior.

I agree. i don't care what the call my catagory, as long as I am on that ship.

Mine went from being an 8C to an 8G, which it says is an aft-extended balcony. Except we are forward, extended balcony! Guess they haven't got all the fine print figured out yet!

Looks like there's more than one glitch in the categories, it sure is a work in progress!

The thing is, all those people who check their prices every day will have have to look at the "new" category. For those of us who are booked and whose cabins are now classified in a higher category, getting a price drop is going to mean the prices will really, really, have to drop, as those cabins are now priced considerably higher.

I don't care what they call them either. But if 8Cs drop, I can't get that price because my cabin is no longer an 8C.

Hi Scuba Mark!!!!!

Someone from our post (February 17 Miracle) posted this one on the categories being re-catagorized. I saw your post and said, "Hey, I know him!!!"

Boy have you been on alot of cruises since last March. Boy are you lucky!!!! Are you scuba diving your way around everywhere????

The thing is, all those people who check their prices every day will have have to look at the "new" category. For those of us who are booked and whose cabins are now classified in a higher category, getting a price drop is going to mean the prices will really, really, have to drop, as those cabins are now priced considerably higher.

I don't care what they call them either. But if 8Cs drop, I can't get that price because my cabin is no longer an 8C.

That is a great point.

I booked an 8A >> 8C. The 8C's went down in price, but now I have to look at 8I's if I want to keep looking for price drops.

But since the 8I's are over $100.00 more than the 8A's - chances are slim to none!

If I want the lower price, I can always go back to the 8C - but not on THIS cruise! Aft balcony here we come!

Catrin

Archived