In-Suite Dining -- Specialty Restaurants?

cruisewmn

We're booked on two Solstice cruises next year and were disappointed that our 12 year old son would not be able to join us in any of the specialty restaurants. (I'm not looking to start an argumentative thread about whether or not children should be allowed to eat in the specialty restaurants).

My son loves ethnic foods and other more adult fare such as filet mignon, sushi, etc. We are staying in suites. Will we be able to order from any of the specialty restaurants for dining in our cabin or are we limited to the main dining room menu?

You will be able to order from the main dining room menu but not the specialty restaurants. There is sushi served every evening at an area of the casual dining area near the buffet. If you are eating in the main dining room there should be filet served a couple of times. Just ask to see the menus so you know which nights it will be served. There is also quite a lot of more ethnic food served in the main dining room at lunchtime.

The Celebrity FAQ says:

"Guests dining in Celebrity's Specialty Restaurants must be at least 12 years old, with the exception of Silk Harvest Restaurant and Tuscan Grille onboard Celebrity Solstice, where children of any age will be accommodated."

When we were in the PH and RS on Summit/Infinity/Constellation, we were able to get anything from their alternate restaurant like United States and Ocean Liners. The butler brought us the food from there. We had the goat cheese souffle and the Chateaubriand.

The Celebrity FAQ says:

"Guests dining in Celebrity's Specialty Restaurants must be at least 12 years old, with the exception of Silk Harvest Restaurant and Tuscan Grille onboard Celebrity Solstice, where children of any age will be accommodated."

Wow--that's the first I heard of that-- it's good news for the original poster but not good news for us..We thought we'd like the Tusacan grill better than Muranos due to it's location & menu but with a 6 pm res I am not sure this will work out for us. Children of any age means trouble esp. when the dinner service may take a bit longer than usual...! Glad you alerted us while there is time to change our plans!

Archived