Aft Cabins?

Los_Lobos

We had our first aft this year on the Liberty and loved it and now we are hooked. You may feel a little more movement back there than midship but the view and sound is worth it, the sound of the wheel wash is like a waterfall just outside you door......Enjoy

if you are given a chance to have an aft cabin go for it. had our first aft cabin on the liberty last summer. it was the best,very private, the sounds of the water are great as well as the views. you will love it. i did not notice any more movement then in other locations.

lkva

The general rule is the higher up and the more forward or aft you go, the more movement you feel. I can't attest to the forward movement, but we could definitely feel a difference in the aft. We had a midship cabin and dined in the aft dining room. YMMV.

Aft Cabins... to know them is to love them is to know them...

If you're used to a balcony, try it at the back and never look forward ;) We just got off the Legend and had the Cat 11 aft wrap on Deck 4 STBD, and it was honestly the best cabin we've had in 5 cruises! We've had other aft cabins and switched to a regular cabin, and that, well that was a mistake. The motion you feel is minimal, the ships are bloody huge FCOL! The only thing I've found is that when the ship is docking you'll feel the vibration a very very minuscule amount more. As far as motion is concerned, I've found that the yaw and roll is more pronounced mid-ship, but it may be because you'll feel both at once.... or I may be a little odd...

Anyhow, Aft cabins... they're a little addictive.

Hi, my name is Matt, and I'm an Aft cabin-snob.

We had an aft on liberty on deck 8 this summer. For us there were both pluses and minuses of the aft.

Pluses

Very quiet

Loved watching the wake

Leaving port great view

Larger balcony

Just a few steps up to get drinks, snacks etc

Gorgeous pictures of the sunsets

Minuses

No shade to speak of at least on deck 8

Very, very hot - could not go out there barefoot during the day, chairs very hot etc

You have to decide if the heat and lack of shade will bother you if not go for it, the pluses were truly wonderful.

.....I liked it so much I booked an aft balcony for my birthday in December. But then I got to thinking, is that really the way to go. I decided to give it up last week and did..................FOR AN AFT WRAP BECAUSE ONE WAS AVAILABLE!

Happy Birthday To Me!

:D

wasiii

Hello, are the aft cabins a good place to stay? Would the aft cabins be a rougher ride than say in midship or forward? I have been offered an upgrade from Upper mid balcony to an aft balcony cabin up a deck or two.

Thanks, Les

We had an aft wrap on the Liberty a couple of weeks ago, I started missing it even before we left. That was our first cruise and I cant imagine being anywhere else on the ship, do yourself a favor and take it, you will not regret it. Enjoy your cruise.

Ok Im fairly new to cruising, so I have a question. How do you know which cabins are aft balcony or aft balcony wraps?:confused:

.....facing out of the rear of the ship. If you're waterskiing behind the ship you can't miss them.

;)

wasiii

Archived