Half Moon Cay Cabanas

posingcarrot

So, if it opens at 1pm get there at one? Or twelve? Or even before? Just wondering :)

People have said they got in line when they got on board, because they will go quick. DH and I have already made plans for him to drop me (and probably all the carry on stuff!) in line and for him to take our 6 yr old and his mom to the Lido for lunch. He can bring me a Hamburger!

With only 15 cabanas and over 3000 people on the Liberty, I would rather stand in line for an hour or two than not get one!

People have said they got in line when they got on board, because they will go quick. DH and I have already made plans for him to drop me (and probably all the carry on stuff!) in line and for him to take our 6 yr old and his mom to the Lido for lunch. He can bring me a Hamburger!

With only 15 cabanas and over 3000 people on the Liberty, I would rather stand in line for an hour or two than not get one!

I know! That's how I feel. It is such a small number and I don't know why they wouldn't have more, I'm sure they make good money from the rentals. I'll just go to the Lido after I get my cabana!

I don't know why Carnival makes it so difficult for its passengers to book cabanas.

They should make them available online just as HAL does.

The excuse I've heard people say is because they need to know what kind of soft drinks people want? Are you kidding me?

The excuse I've heard people say is because they need to know what kind of soft drinks people want? Are you kidding me?

HAL just leaves a form with your cabana ticket and you drop it off at Shore Excursions. It seems Carnival could do something just as simple.

Wouldn't you enjoy your cruise more if you didn't have to head directly to the Shore Excursion desk to stand in line with others waiting to book a cabana?

Typhoon1 - Again I agree 100%! It stinks that I'm going to start out my vacation stressing to get on the ship early, get in line and pray that we get the cabana! But I guess you have to do what you have to do!

It doesn't make any sense why you can't book ahead of time!

Hey all!

If you're already a booked passenger, go online to Book Excursions, go to Half Moon Cay, click on Add Tours and pick the one you want.

Pay for it just like any other tour.

You can click on the many links to get info on price, extras for butler service and extra people.

Don't wait to board, beat the rush!

Great to see all of the posted pictures.

Hey all!

If you're already a booked passenger, go online to Book Excursions, go to Half Moon Cay, click on Add Tours and pick the one you want.

Pay for it just like any other tour.

You can click on the many links to get info on price, extras for butler service and extra people.

Don't wait to board, beat the rush!

Great to see all of the posted pictures.

Carnival doesn't give us that option.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you tell me which cabanas are closest to the restrooms?

Thanks,

JoAnn

There's a restroom behind the # 9 Eggshell cabana and there's one behind the first three cabanas (taupe, blue, turquoise). There are stairs between the #3 turquoise and #4 orange cabana and then it's just a very short walk from there. We've used the turquoise cabana twice and we picked it because it was close to the restrooms. :)

Can you tell me which cabanas are closest to the restrooms?

Thanks,

JoAnn

Cabanas 1-4 are closest to one restroom. Cabanas 9-14 are closest to another restroom, but located further down the beach. The food pavilion is closest to 1-4.

This is our 1st cruise with HAL and we booked months ago. Have #12 for our day. Does anyone know if there is a lifeguard at the beach?

They have lifeguards but I am not sure how many there are on the island, but I seem to remember seeing 3 or so of these towers. Here's a picture of one that I took on our last visit to the island. :)

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2050314180104783828axUvsM

Enjoy your cabana! :)

• 4 weeks later...

My group and I are considering renting a cabana (or at least getting in line in hopes of renting a cabana!) and I've read loads of threads here about them but this one was among the most useful. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the pictures and tips, especially TwinkleToes. :)

Okay, so we're on the Oct. 18 Westerdam. When do you suppose the cabanas should be available to book on line or did I already miss it?

For our Feb. 2007 cruise, I booked the cabana in May 2006. For our Jan. 2009 cruise, I booked the cabana in May 2008. I would think that they might be already out for October, but I don't for sure. You could call HAL excursion information number (1-888-425-9376) and ask if the cabanas are available. You could also go to HAL's website, and with your name and booking number, you could check and see if they are listed under HMC. If rented, it will say "waitlisted" next to the cabana. The cabanas usually are listed a lot earlier than any of the other excursions that are available on HMC.

Good luck! HMC is a great place to visit, so even if you've missed the cabanas, you're going to love HMC! :)

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know what kinds of soda are offered in the cabanas.

We will be on the Carnival Miracle, I'm wondering if there are servers coming around to drink orders in the cabanas. If not which are closest to the bars?

Thanks,

JoAnn

Does anyone know what kinds of soda are offered in the cabanas.

We will be on the Carnival Miracle, I'm wondering if there are servers coming around to drink orders in the cabanas. If not which are closest to the bars?

Thanks,

JoAnn

On HAL it was Coke, Ginger Ale and Soda water, if my memory serves me correctly. There are plenty of servers roaming the beach willing to take your order should you need something.

Archived