Honest opionon please

taytot101

I am going on FOS on Nov. 30th. I had a weightloss goal since about feb/march to be in a bikini. I am down just below 160 (I am only about 5'4") with a weightloss of about 70 lbs or so. I feel I am still to big to wear a bikini. I have had two c-sections and am not sure if my stomach will ever be flat. My husband says that I should just wear it. I don't plan on walking around with it on, I would wear a cover up. Hopefully I will be able to drop another ten pounds or so. What do you all think???? :confused:

I think...how awesome that you lost 70 lbs, that's incredible! :)

Wear what you are comfortable wearing. If you want to be proud of your weight loss and wear the bikini, then go for it. Nobody is going to be looking at your midsection. But if wearing it would make you too self-conscious to be comfortable and enjoy your vacation, then go with something else that will let you enjoy yourself.

If it were me, I'd wear it, but you do what makes you happy.

Congrats on the weight loss! That's amazing. As to the bikini, I think it is entirely up to you. If you are comfortable in it, wear it. If you're going to be self-conscious every minute thinking "I wish I wasn't wearing a bikini", then choose a different swimsuit.

Congrats on your weight loss! You should be very proud. Wear what makes you happy. A cruise is no time to feel anything but relaxed. If you want to wear the bikini, wear in and enjoy yourself. If you're self-conscious, don't wear it...main thing ENJOY YOURSELF!

I have a motto

"If the most interesting thing that someone can do on holiday is look at me in my bikini (unless they think Im really ravishing!!) then they must be having a pretty boring time and have money to waste"

Im not small by any means, but I always wear a bikini, I feel all strussed up in a swim suit, if a man can get away with just shorts and it doesn't matter about his size, why should it matter for a lady.

Maybe its a European attitude, as women over here aren't overly bothered about what they look like in a swim suit or bikini.

Its your holiday and its what you feel comfortable in, not what other people think.

Wear it proudly! You should be so proud of yourself for losing that much weight, that is amazing! I am not a skinny lady either and I am 53 to boot but I am wearing a two piece swimsuit on upcoming cruise in November. I too have had two c-sections and have the stretch marks and scar but I really don't care what other's think. My husband thinks I look hot and that is all that matters to me. Have fun on your vacation.

Congratulations on the fantastic weight loss. However did you do it?

Take it from me, if you are even a little self concious, don't wear it, it will ruin your fun and one piece swimsuits can look just as good, BUT if you take it along and are feeling confident in it, go for it!! You earned your right to wear it and I am sure you will look fabulous. Happy Cruising.

taytot... you go, girl! If DH says wear it, and YOU feel good about how you look, then bring it w/ you. Believe me, you will see all shapes and sizes, in everything from butt floss to granny- type to-your-knee swimskirts. I will say this, however...you stated that you feel you're still too big to wear a bikini. If that's true, then you will be self-conscious and uncomfortable - no fun on a cruise!

I know how you feel on this topic. I will tell you that I've seen very large woman on Orient Beach in St.Maarten totally nude. It didn't bother them one bit and it didn't bother me. They were enjoying themselves and sobeit. There will always be people who think they are better than anyone and will always make a snyde remark or a not so nice look.

Their just miserable folks. If only they knew how they looked while making those faces, they'd never make them again !!!!

You should be very proud of yourself , loosing weight is a major accomplishment and if you worked so hard to be in this bikini than....

You Go Girl !!! Wear it proudly.

I'm so happy for you.

I've had one c-section and it'll never be flat or pretty again ..BUT....

Congrats to you .. You deserve it.

Congratulations! I hope you are super proud of your accomplishment. You should be! :)

I think you should wear whatever you feel comfortable in. 2 of my 3 kids were born via c-section and I know how that goes. I still have issues with my abdominals, only because my rectus abdominis was torn during the emergency c-section. I was unable to sit up without assistance for almost 2 years, let alone get any exercise. I know many other c-section mommies who have made their way back to a flat tummy. You'll get there, and I will too! :D

I had a similar body image hangup on our first cruise. I was so paranoid about the way I looked that I pretty much ruined our first stop in St. Thomas. Trust me, feeling badly about the way you look is a HUGE damper on your ability to let loose and have fun. Isn't that what we're supposed to be doing?!? :D

I looked around me and saw women of all shapes, sizes, and colors having a grand time without a single thought to how others looked at them. I decided then and there that I would be one of those women too. I wasn't going to let something like that ruin my good time! :D

Wear what YOU want and have a great time!

I'm with the others on this one:

Wear what you feel beautiful in. If its a bikini, then go for it. If you think you will feel self conscious, then pick out a suit that makes you feel great.

70 pounds is wonderful! Hope you got some cute clothes for the cruise to help celebrate!

I agree with the rest of the peanut gallery here.

Congrats on the weight loss!

Wear the bikini if you feel comfortable. No one else cares what you look like in your swimsuit. My suggestion is to bring it along as well as the one piece and see how you feel at the time.

A month or so back there was a thread on a gal size 16 wearing a bikini, she was getting married, the cruise was to be her honeymoon and her hubby wanted her to wear a bikini, so she would look "sexy". She did not want to.

I remember Blue Herons posted a very sexy plunging one piece swimsuit. It was gorgeous.

So I say, wear what you are comfortable in, at 150 pounds, if you are mostly muscle, you can still look very good. But if you do not like the way you look, your mid section, ( I am saying that because in your post you indicated that is what bothers you) go for one of those sexy one pieces that could make the most of say your breasts, that has high cut legs, a plunging back, but still tummy control. Those suits are expensive, but I say, if it makes you feel good and you can show off your weight loss, you should do it-you deserve it! 70 pounds! WOW!

I brought up that thread for you and posted on Blue Heron's picture.

I also found a suit that I have bought before because of the style. Like you, I have had a C-section and so I have "tummy" problems. this was a style I picked when I was much younger and a size 6-8. Now that I am 50 plus, I go for the tankinis.

It is at Spiegel.com and the number is 2AJ31841. The suit is $39, I assume it is marked down, because of the time of year, because I paid over $100 for this style of suit over 10 years ago. Mine was a little differant, it was lime green on top and the bottom black, instead of one color, but it was this exact style. It had tummy control, high french cut legs, and a plunging back, so I felt it was VERY sexy on. I wish they showed this on a model, so you could se how sexy it looks on.

I am sorry I am too stupid to copy and paste.

Momofmeg It is at Spiegel.com and the number is 2AJ31841. The suit is $39, I assume it is marked down, because of the time of year, because I paid over $100 for this style of suit over 10 years ago. Mine was a little differant, it was lime green on top and the bottom black, instead of one color, but it was this exact style. It had tummy control, high french cut legs, and a plunging back, so I felt it was VERY sexy on. I wish they showed this on a model, so you could se how sexy it looks on. Quote

Was this true to size?

I recently ordered some swimsuits online and had to send them all back.

Momofmeg It is at Spiegel.com and the number is 2AJ31841. The suit is $39, I assume it is marked down, because of the time of year, because I paid over $100 for this style of suit over 10 years ago. Mine was a little differant, it was lime green on top and the bottom black, instead of one color, but it was this exact style. It had tummy control, high french cut legs, and a plunging back, so I felt it was VERY sexy on. I wish they showed this on a model, so you could se how sexy it looks on. Quote

Was this true to size?

I recently ordered some swimsuits online and had to send them all back.

The one I bought I went a size up just to make it easier to put on-that girdle control built into the suit makes it hard to get on. You have to "shimey" into it.

I think it's great you lost the weight. I also think you should ignore what everyone advises here and do what makes you feel beautiful.

Your husband is a gem. If he truly loves you, he's not going to recommend you to do something that makes you look like a fool now is he? Think of it this way..peoople are either going to be looking at the beach bunny in the bikini or the woman who is much much too big for the bikini and wears one anyway.

You are average so nobody will notice. :)

Have a great trip!

I am going on FOS on Nov. 30th. I had a weightloss goal since about feb/march to be in a bikini. I am down just below 160 (I am only about 5'4") with a weightloss of about 70 lbs or so. I feel I am still to big to wear a bikini. I have had two c-sections and am not sure if my stomach will ever be flat. My husband says that I should just wear it. I don't plan on walking around with it on, I would wear a cover up. Hopefully I will be able to drop another ten pounds or so. What do you all think???? :confused:

I think it's great you lost the weight. I also think you should ignore what everyone advises here and do what makes you feel beautiful.

Your husband is a gem. If he truly loves you, he's not going to recommend you to do something that makes you look like a fool now is he? Think of it this way..peoople are either going to be looking at the beach bunny in the bikini or the woman who is much much too big for the bikini and wears one anyway.

You are average so nobody will notice. :)

Have a great trip!

That is the POINT Gathina, she wants to FEEL BEAUTFUL. That is why I suggested what I did. By her posting and asking this indicates she is the one not comfortable wearing the bikini, so I suggested that she get a sexy suit that would show off her weight loss but minimize the part of her body she feels uncomfortable with.

I, like her, have the mid section that bulges, as I posted to her, I have had it ever since I had a c-section, even though I was small elsewhere. I can remember weighing 115 pounds when my daughter was six months old, and having a person ask me if I was pregnant again. I was devestated.

Yes, my hubby told me I was beautiful and that I looked much better than other women in their swimsuits, but it did not help because I did not FEEL I was beautiful.

A tankini is a great choice. In case you're looking for another suit, try swimsuitsforall.com. They have everything under the sun, really, the cutest things! Being self conscious in a swimsuit is no fun. There are just so many choices for all figure types these days.

Jane

I want to thank everyone for their kinds words. I found a tankini this weekend that I really like with a skirted bottom. I do have another bikini and I think I will take it just incase I feel like wearing it. thanks again.

You know I love my skirted tankinis but I am 50 plus. I do believe you could find something that was sexier LOL! From a bikini to a tankini? Why the two extremes?

Archived