when will we be able to book summer 2010

stacieps

I guess I don't usually book so far out, but Disney started taking reservations for summer '10 today. I booked on DCL but am not thrilled with the price. There are a couple of Carnival itineraries that we are interested in but I would be looking at '10. Does anyone know when Carnival will release summer 2010? We're hoping to do our first back-to-back, so I'm anxious to see the itineraries.

Thanks.

From John Heald's blog yesterday

October 13th, 2008

John’s Replies

Melissa Asked:

John,

Do you have any idea when Carnival will announce their 2010 cruise itineraries? Anxious to start making plans!

Thanks,

Melissa

John Says:

Hello Melissa,

I understand that the itineraries for 2010 will be released some time in December this year.

I am as excited to hear about them as you are and as soon as I know more I promise to pass them on.

Thank you for reading the blog thingy,

Cheers,

John

I guess I don't usually book so far out, but Disney started taking reservations for summer '10 today. I booked on DCL but am not thrilled with the price. There are a couple of Carnival itineraries that we are interested in but I would be looking at '10. Does anyone know when Carnival will release summer 2010? We're hoping to do our first back-to-back, so I'm anxious to see the itineraries.

Thanks.

We have a cruisecritic group planning a cruise to Panama Canal and Costa Rica out of Ft. lauderdale for the end of July 2010. Feel free to check us out. We did a cruisecritic group cruise this past July and we all had such a blast together that we are planning another cruise in July 2010!:D

Thanks.

That DCL price hurts doesn't it. We learned that lesson in 06'.:eek:

December! January! I don't think we can wait that long!

My Girl Scout troop is wanting to book for the summer of 2010. They are ready to get the ball rolling.

They have decided to do a sports equipment drive for the kids in Jamaica. They want to collect soccer balls, basketballs, etc. and deliver them to the kids. We have heard stories of kids playing soccer in the streets with wadded up paper cos no one had an actual ball. Maybe we could put a smile on the kids' faces!

We are already booked on Dream for 2010 and it is selling fast!

Yeah... but there is nothing available past 27 April!!

I discussed this with John last week. He checked with corporate in Miami and they still haven't fleshed out the itineraries for the remainder of 2010 for the Dream.

They said 'no later' than December for dates and pricing...

Carnival seems to go though LONG periods where it opens up very few additional dates. I mean - REALLY, if they don't open up summer of 2010 until the end of 2008 (or Jan. 2009) that is not even 1.5 years opened up. It would be more ideal, IMHO to have them, every month or two, add a couple of new months further out so that they have (at any given time) about 2 years of bookings open.

We booked the Spirit for April 2009 in April of 2007. A full TWO years in advance. We wanted to book the Alaska sailing IMMEDIATELY after that cruise (a B2B) however, they did not open up those dates until EIGHT MONTHS LATER (December 2007)!!!! That was a LONG time to wait (and watch) to make sure we got the same cabin. As it turned out, we canceled that booking recently in favor of some other cruises and non-cruise vacation time.

To those who are familiar with this issue on other lines... how far out do other cruise lines open up bookings??

Tom

Archived