Check room assignment

LSUtraveler

When are you going on the Glory? We'e going on the Jan 8 sailing- and booked OV guarantee. And from the back of the sail and sign card, it looks like we got a balcony on Veranda deck. I'M SO EXCITED- It looks like the perfect deck and location- close to the Buffet!!!! And it is a true quad, just what we booked!

Does anyone know if Glory has extended balconies???

[quote name='Satire501']you're right serene...i meant 6204. still not a bad upgrade. However, I just looked at the weather for my trip this coming up weekend and it doesn't look good. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.[/QUOTE]
Hey, it's still a good upgrade and you should have a window. Keep in mind Caribbean weather can come and go so even if it says rain, it doesn't mean that it will rain all day.

We booked a guarantee balcony on the Triumph for 02-05-05. Still nothing in the fun pass/gift section -shows gtee- and when I use the link for book/modify, it is the error message. If I go in to Carnival.com and get to my info and book/modify, it is still guarantee. Does anyone know how soon we should be getting our documents? We booked our own air.

Thanks for your help!!

Jeri

[color=magenta]Jeri.[/color]

[color=magenta]I sail 1/10, and am still showing a guarantee. I haven't gotten my docs yet. I don't know. BUT, on the up side, others started to show their assignment early, and received their docs about a month prior to sailing. Seems every one is different. I hope you end up being one of the luckier ones!![/color]
[color=#ff00ff][/color]
[color=#ff00ff][/color]

All these months I could never access my booking since I am booked with a group. Guess what- I tried it today and it let me see it. Including my reservation. It also states that I paid over $200 more pp then what I did. ANd says that a payment needs to be receieved by Jan 10. Not too worried since I know that Carnival doesnt keep up with such things.

Also noted. I could not access this by printing carnivals address in my browser but only could get there using the links provided on the first page here.

Since I am sailing Feb 13- I am not expecting documents until the middle of Januar.
Usually its a month before your cruise that you get documents.

Are you not getting any information for your legend Cruise? R u happy with what you are fining out on the method? remember that can change. Mine did 4 times and after I was given 2 excellant upgrades too. (pout)

I picked a cabin last November. wanted cabin 6262 so i booked it.

[quote name='serene56']Are you not getting any information for your legend Cruise? R u happy with what you are fining out on the method? remember that can change. Mine did 4 times and after I was given 2 excellant upgrades too. (pout)

I picked a cabin last November. wanted cabin 6262 so i booked it.[/QUOTE]
I'm aware it can change, but it hasn't changed since I discovered it (which was 57 days out). It's an 8A - 8I upgrade so it goes from regular balcony to extended. Other than that location isn't an issue with me. Specifically 8225 is what the "method" is showing.

There are still a ton of cabins available in the top 4 Category 8 levels including the 8I we're currently assigned. There are also some 9A, Cat 11 and Cat 12's. Unless there's a flurry of booking at the last second, I doubt we'd get "downgraded". In any event if we end up with the 8A we originally booked, it's fine with me. I'll be on the ship, the DW has her balcony, so it's all good.

[color=magenta]Hey Serene---[/color]
[color=magenta][/color]
[color=magenta]While you're still online, lemme ask you a question. At what point should I start getting fidgity about not having my docs yet? I looked at my online agent's website, and it's still showing on my itinerary that the documents have not been received by the cruiseline. If my TA doesn't have them yet, how long is it going to take for me to get them, ya know? When should I start getting worried? This is starting to seem like it's getting close. We leave in 18 days. I'd just like to know I AM on the ship, I don't care what room now! lol[/color]

Laura-
My online TA dosen't promise docs until two weeks out. I guess they do such a big volume they only process them at certain times. I would get antsy if you are two weeks out and then start calling and bugging.

BTW, I am now 26 days out, still guarantee and no docs either. I have done the method and determined I am not in a 5A, which I do not want. Any other OV would be ok. Haven't had the patience yet to do the method long enough to find my cabin. We booked in August and made full payment in October. I'm wondering if they are slow on the Valor because it is a new ship.

[quote name='lrizit'][color=magenta]Hey Serene---[/color]
[color=magenta][/color]
[color=magenta]While you're still online, lemme ask you a question. At what point should I start getting fidgity about not having my docs yet? When should I start getting worried? I'd just like to know I AM on the ship, I don't care what room now! lol[/color][/QUOTE]

for last cruise I "buycruised" and had documetns within the month of the cruise.
If you never get the documents--not to worry- you can always do a pier pick up. Did you fill in the fun pass? coz if it allows you in to do so you are reserved. If you cant print them out not to worry about it as the information will stay in the system.
I like documents in my hand at least 2 weeks. if you are at 18 days give them a few more days.

[quote name='neverenufcruising']I'm aware it can change, but it hasn't changed since I discovered it (which was 57 days out). It's an 8A - 8I upgrade so it goes from regular balcony to extended. Other than that location isn't an issue with me. Specifically 8225 is what the "method" is showing.

There are still a ton of cabins available in the top 4 Category 8 levels including the 8I we're currently assigned. There are also some 9A, Cat 11 and Cat 12's. Unless there's a flurry of booking at the last second, I doubt we'd get "downgraded". In any event if we end up with the 8A we originally booked, it's fine with me. I'll be on the ship, the DW has her balcony, so it's all good.[/QUOTE]

there are 9A's left?? wow I wonder how come. Doesnt sound like your cruise is selling good. Hope you are keeping any eye on that pricing coz I bet it comes down a pretty penny before you cruise. Wonder what theprice difference would be for you to grab one of those 9As

[quote name='serene56']there are 9A's left?? wow I wonder how come. Doesnt sound like your cruise is selling good. Hope you are keeping any eye on that pricing coz I bet it comes down a pretty penny before you cruise. Wonder what theprice difference would be for you to grab one of those 9As[/QUOTE]
I've been keeping an eye on the prices...daily. They keep going UP?:confused: An 8A balcony guarantee is about $200 pp more than what we paid. It has never fallen below what we paid. 9A would cost us over $500pp more. I don't get it. You'd think they'd be trying to unload these rooms. There are over 40 balcony rooms still available and that's just what's showing up since they only show about 10 at a time.

[quote name='serene56']If you never get the documents--not to worry- you can always do a pier pick up. Did you fill in the fun pass? if you are at 18 days give them a few more days.[/QUOTE]
[color=magenta]Alrighty. Thank you. I will give them until after Christmas, and then I will start kicking internet agent butt. I really don't want to have to get them at the pier. Too much stress with this trip already. But, if that's what I have to do, that's what I have to do. I did fill out the funpass, so I DO know there's a space on the ship for me. Thanks for the advice. [/color]

[quote name='serene56']Kelly: How do you see that you are not in a 5A but still see a Gaurantee when checking? R u doing a method in those cabins only??[/QUOTE]

Serene-
I am doing the method of which I am not the inventor. We booked OV guarantee vs. 6A guarantee. I wasn't thinking at the time that OV meant we could be placed in a 5A, which would not make me happy. We are still guar in book/modify and gift services and have not been parked in a 5A, according to the method. Last cruise we got upgraded from 4A guarantee to 6A, which I was very pleased with.

I'm not too anxious about anything, just passing the time and dying of curiosity.

Yippeeeee! :D Unless we get messed with, we finally have our room. I used the method and came up with 7200. That's right next door to my aunt and uncle. I'm wondering if maybe they cross-referenced it since uncle had asked for us to be placed at a table for 4, which we are. So, maybe, in this case, that is how we got upgraded to an extended balcony. Who knows? :confused: Anyway, I'm pickled tink. :D

[quote name='kfgarrow']Laura-
My online TA dosen't promise docs until two weeks out. I guess they do such a big volume they only process them at certain times. I would get antsy if you are two weeks out and then start calling and bugging.[/QUOTE]
[color=magenta]I looked to see what they said about that, and I couldn't find anything recently. I THOUGHT I saw 3-4 weeks, but, maybe not. Little more time. [/color]

[quote name='kfgarrow']Serene-
I am doing the method of which I am not the inventor. We booked OV guarantee vs. 6A guarantee. I wasn't thinking at the time that OV meant we could be placed in a 5A, which would not make me happy. We are still guar in book/modify and gift services and have not been parked in a 5A, according to the method. Last cruise we got upgraded from 4A guarantee to 6A, which I was very pleased with..[/QUOTE]

That is so not true. If you booked an oceanview gauarantee it is the same as a cat 6 or higher. You can not downgrade to a 5A. I had the same stuff going on in my head at the time of the Legend cruise and was told by many people-including the travel agents I called that no way will I get a cat 5/ (although now I think the downgrade proably woulda been better.

[quote name='serene56']That is so not true. If you booked an oceanview gauarantee it is the same as a cat 6 or higher. You can not downgrade to a 5A. [/QUOTE]

I'll take your word for it, Serene, since you seem to be so knowledgeable, but I just assumed an OV meant any cabin with a window, including one with two portholes. I will be happy with a 6B and am hoping for a 6E or better. We are introducing my cousins to cruising and I'm hoping our guarantees (they booked one too) work out well for us.

Archived