Celebrity/Princess/RCCI opinions?

OneParticularHarbour 71

Ok, now that Disney has released their 2010 pricing, we are planning for 2010. We have done Disney many times and love it but in comparing other lines, it looks like we can get much better pricing elsewhere - especially during school vacations!

Β 

Does anyone have any experience with kids on Celebrity, Princess or RCCI? I received a lot of great info on RCCI Freedom class in a post a while back, but we are also looking at Celebrity & Princess's new ships. Are they kid friendly, how are their kids programs and pools?

Β 

My kids will be 12, 8, 5 at time of sailing.

Β 

Any other cruise lines you would recommend?

Β 

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! :)

I have traveled on both Celebrity and Princess recently. I think the "Fun Factory" on Celebrity Millenium Class ships can't be beat.

Β 

Princess has a good kids program and the pools are fresh water, which makes a big difference to my son who is an avid swimmer. So if pools are key- go with Princess over Celebrity. Plus, I personally enjoyed the outdoor movie theatre and it ended up saving me alot of money. At night I watched movies instead of going to the bars and spending money on drinks.

Β 

I think your kids will have a great time on any of the cruise ships you mentioned. If you want a more intimate experience, I'd go with Celebrity or Princess.

Β 

I have done Royal Caribbean twice and I am just not that wild about them but I was on older ships (Sovereign and Radiance).

I noticed that you have a 12 year old. Check the age groups for the NCL ship you are interested in. When we sailed on the NCL Sun our daughter had to be in the kids program at age 12. She found it to be too young, like being babysat. It did not compare to ships where at 12 she was in a tween or teen program. At 12 she really liked RC tween program. It was enough supervision but played off as being hip. Now that my kids are older teen I do not see as much of a difference in cruiselines programs. It is those tween years that were hard to find a good cruise option.

The reason some of us say go for RCCL is that when you get to the older kids..there is much more for them to do on a Freedom/Oasis class than on any other cruiseline.

Β 

They have their own hang out area. There is the flowrider. Mini Golf. Rock Climbing. Ice Skating.

Β 

If you want intimate, then go with Celebrity or Princess. But you will see a decrease in the amount of things to do for the kids.

I sailed on NCL without kids so don't know too much about their program. I liked RCI and Princess much better for the whole cruise! Both were great for my kids. I would love to try Disney but they are always so much more that I can't justify the difference. The kids will have a great time either way.

Archived