jacksonville fl lodging

bc cruiser

I need some advice on lodging in jax. We are sailing on the fascination latter week of Oct. and want to find someplace safe to stay. Is the airport area safe? Any reviews of lodging in this area are appreciated. Thanks for any advice on Jax.

bc cruiser

I live less than an hour from the Jacksonville airport area, and would not hesitate staying in a hotel near the airport. There are a number of good reviews on Tripadvisor.com for airport location hotels. Not knowing your price range, here are just a couple examples:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60805-d816774-Reviews-Microtel_Inn_Suites_Jacksonville_Airport-Jacksonville_Florida.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60805-d261234-Reviews-Wingate_by_Wyndham_Jacksonville_Airport-Jacksonville_Florida.html

There are a number of other hotels in the area, and I would not hesitate to stay in this area.

Jax airport is a small and friendly airport. As you drive away from the airport it is basically one straight road. West of I95 is a Longhoouse rest. and Millhouse. Just east of 95 is a new mall with Red Lobster, and Sticky Fingers. Easy and safe area with a car. Otherwise, stay at the Airport Hotel-I think it is Clarion because it would be too far to walk.

I need some advice on lodging in jax. We are sailing on the fascination latter week of Oct. and want to find someplace safe to stay. Is the airport area safe? Any reviews of lodging in this area are appreciated. Thanks for any advice on Jax.

bc cruiser

Stayed at the Hampton Inn on Airport Road. Very convenient with free airport shuttle. Great location with restaurants within walking distance. Hotel was good choice. Very clean and comfortable.Complimentary buffet breakfast served. Took "Gator Taxi" to the port the next morning(about $20 + tip). Departed hotel around 10:00 a.m. and arrived at port 10:30 a.m.--great time to arrive. Not too crowded and they were already boarding the ship. Any questions, just ask! Have a great cruise.

bc cruiser

To add to the great info above, and more info on the area and places to stay and eat, check out the jax only thread here.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=850690

jw:cool:

Archived