veendam - Cabin 500

kstubenv

The legend says it's "modified" accessible. You're right that it appears to be larger than normal outside cabins, but I wouldn't want to be that far forward. If there's any bumps in the road they will be felt there, for sure! :eek:

There's also noise if the anchor is dropped.

The legend on the deck plan says:

"Staterooms H501, H502, L500, D563, FF829, FF831, BA200, BA202, S030 are modified accessible, shower only with small step, step into bathroom, standard interior and exterior door size."

While it's not a fully handicap accessible, it does have modifications that would make it less desirable, such as the shower only, to many people. Since it has been modified, it would be preferable to keep it for those requiring some mobility accomodation (but are not confined to a wheelchair).

• 1 year later...

I had wanted an answer to this question, but since no one said anything, I'll do a follow up since I was in this room for a cruise on 7/11/2010.

I found 500 to be a very nice inside cabin. I've only been on Carnival, so the inside cabins there could hardly accommodate an open large-size luggage lying flat on the floor. In this room, I could have had 3 open luggages on the floor if I wanted to. I was very happy (surprised! relieved!) with the extra space. No bath tub is no problem since the idea of using a bathtub doesn't appeal to the 2 of us anyway.

The Veendam is a small ship, so being at the front of the ship wasn't a big deal.

Also nice is that 500 borders on only 1 other room.

The only issue is that when docking, there's a lot of noise. I'm an early riser, so it's not an issue for me.

Archived