Solstice going to Hamburg! Drydock??

Hypo

http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=e&main=3&subs=0&did=1598

Solstice is going to Hamburg on the evening of Oct 20 and will stay for three days. It is to return to Eemshaven for the turnover to Celebrity on the 24th.

Dock 17 is a large dry dock, it looks like there might be an issue with the bow thrusters and the stabilizers. Meyer Werft website says "adjustments". According the Meyer Werft the sea trials were successful.

Hypo

Dock 17 is a large dry dock, it looks like there might be an issue with the bow thrusters and the stabilizers. Meyer Werft website says "adjustments". According the Meyer Werft the sea trials were successful.

Hypo

It says "during which a few technical adjustments on the bow thrusters and stabilizers will be checked."

It doesn't say there is an issue or are making adjustments.

Just a final check up. Soon she'll be headed for the States.

Papenburg, 15. Oktober 2008 – Das größte bisher in Deutschland gebaute Kreuzfahrtschiff die „Celebrity Solstice“ wird am Abend des 20. Oktober im Hamburger Hafen einlaufen. Im Dock Elbe 17 wird sie einer letzten Inspektion unterzogen.

Der jüngste Neubau der MEYER WERFT hat in der Nordsee bereits ihre technische und nautische Erprobung erfolgreich absolviert. Bei zeitweilig sehr schlechtem Wetter stellte das Schiff seine Seetauglichkeit unter Beweis. Vor der Übergabe an die Reederei Celebrity Cruises (Miami) bekommt sie bei Blohm + Voss noch eine abschließende Dockung. Dabei werden letzte Einstellungsarbeiten an den Bugstrahlern und Stabilisatoren vorgenommen. Das Schiff ist so konzipiert, dass die nächste Klassedockung erst wieder in fünf Jahren vorgenommen werden muss.

Die Celebrity Solstice ist mit 122.000 BRZ das bisher größte in Deutschland gebaute Kreuzfahrtschiff. Das Schiff hat eine Länge von 317,2 Metern und eine Breite von 36,8 Metern und bietet 2850 Passagieren in 1425 Kabinen Platz.

Der Luxusliner wird voraussichtlich drei Tage in Hamburg zu Gast sein, um dann nach dem Ausdocken bei Blohm & Voss der Queen Mary II Platz zu machen. Anschließend wird die Celebrity Solstice nach Eemshaven (NL) zurückkehren. Dort wird die MEYER WERFT am 24. Oktober die Celebrity Solstice an die Reederei Celebrity Cruises übergeben.

Zurück

Celebrity Solstice is gong to arrive at the port of Hamburg 20 the of October and stay 3 days there.

She has successfully completed her technical and nautical testing.

Solstice will have a final docking at Blohm + Voss

My nautical is not at its best,Ii´m sorry.

The article says, the ship proved her seaworthiness under – occasionally - very bad weather conditions.

She will be than given to the Company 24th of October.

Papenburg, 15. Oktober 2008 – Das größte bisher in Deutschland gebaute Kreuzfahrtschiff die „Celebrity Solstice“ wird am Abend des 20. Oktober im Hamburger Hafen einlaufen. Im Dock Elbe 17 wird sie einer letzten Inspektion unterzogen.

Der jüngste Neubau der MEYER WERFT hat in der Nordsee bereits ihre technische und nautische Erprobung erfolgreich absolviert. Bei zeitweilig sehr schlechtem Wetter stellte das Schiff seine Seetauglichkeit unter Beweis. Vor der Übergabe an die Reederei Celebrity Cruises (Miami) bekommt sie bei Blohm + Voss noch eine abschließende Dockung. Dabei werden letzte Einstellungsarbeiten an den Bugstrahlern und Stabilisatoren vorgenommen. Das Schiff ist so konzipiert, dass die nächste Klassedockung erst wieder in fünf Jahren vorgenommen werden muss.

Die Celebrity Solstice ist mit 122.000 BRZ das bisher größte in Deutschland gebaute Kreuzfahrtschiff. Das Schiff hat eine Länge von 317,2 Metern und eine Breite von 36,8 Metern und bietet 2850 Passagieren in 1425 Kabinen Platz.

Der Luxusliner wird voraussichtlich drei Tage in Hamburg zu Gast sein, um dann nach dem Ausdocken bei Blohm & Voss der Queen Mary II Platz zu machen. Anschließend wird die Celebrity Solstice nach Eemshaven (NL) zurückkehren. Dort wird die MEYER WERFT am 24. Oktober die Celebrity Solstice an die Reederei Celebrity Cruises übergeben.

Zurück

Celebrity Solstice is gong to arrive at the port of Hamburg 20 the of October and stay 3 days there.

She has successfully completed her technical and nautical testing.

Solstice will have a final docking at Blohm + Voss

My nautical is not at its best,Ii´m sorry.

The article says, the ship proved her seaworthiness under – occasionally - very bad weather conditions.

She will be than given to the Company 24th of October.

Thank you so much! I can't wait!:)

Is there a schedule of where she will go when she is turned over on the 24th? There are 17 days for her to get to Fort Lauderdale.

The article is not mentioning any shedule.

Only that she will be in Hamburg and i think the turnover will be in the Netherlands.

What´s the reason she will take this transatlantic that long?!

Is she going to start automatically with her passanger bussiness when she is again in Miami?!

Is there going to be asome special conception bevore the first time sailing with cruisers on board?

Is there a schedule of where she will go when she is turned over on the 24th? There are 17 days for her to get to Fort Lauderdale.

Hi Mike !

I know the schedule was posted somewhere on the boards, but Solstice is doing several 1 & 2 night sailings prior to the 11/23 Inaugural. I believe there are roughly 2 weeks of Pre-Inaugural sailings, which should put Solstice in Ft Lauderdale around 11/9. My dates are probably off a bit, but this should help.

Hi Mike !

I know the schedule was posted somewhere on the boards, but Solstice is doing several 1 & 2 night sailings prior to the 11/23 Inaugural. I believe there are roughly 2 weeks of Pre-Inaugural sailings, which should put Solstice in Ft Lauderdale around 11/9. My dates are probably off a bit, but this should help.

With the search being down on the boards, I couldn't look it up anywhere. The 3 two day pre-inaugurals are on 11-10, 11-12 and 11-14; which I have been assuming means she will be in Ft. Lauderdale no later than the 9th. But that still leaves 16 days to get over here.

Archived