e-mail on Princess

cruiserdru

Does Princess provide cruisers with an email address on the ship? I haven't been on Princess since 2004 and I know they did not do it then. I set up a yahoo account so I could get news of an important event during a cruise to Hawaii back then.

Cunard provides you with an account and you can check your tv to see if you have received any mail. Receiving mail was free but sending email was subject to internet fees.

Has Princess added this??

Does Princess provide cruisers with an email address on the ship? I haven't been on Princess since 2004 and I know they did not do it then. I set up a yahoo account so I could get news of an important event during a cruise to Hawaii back then.

Cunard provides you with an account and you can check your tv to see if you have received any mail. Receiving mail was free but sending email was subject to internet fees.

Has Princess added this??

No, Princess does not supply you with an email address. But as long as you have an online email address, such as Yahoo or hotmail, you can access it from the ships computers. There is no type of interactive TV and they do not allow you to receive emails at no charge. You will have to use the computers onboard and there is a charge for this use. Either per minute or you can purchase a package that includes more minutes for a lesser charge for your cruise.

No, Princess does not provide email addresses for passengers. You need to have an email account set up in advance that is accessible via the internet. The cost is not cheap - 75 cents/minute. They have packages that will bring the price down.

I noticed that you are about to cruise on the Caribbean Princess and I can provide detailed information for you about it on that ship. We have had three cruises on the Caribbean Princess this year and I have used my notebook computer on each of those cruises. As has been stated you will need your own email account. You can either use the computers in the Internet Cafe or use your own notebook computer with the ship's WiFi. The cost is the same either way. Below are scanned images of the handout from the Internet Cafe on the Caribbean Princess on how to sign-up for the internet access and the costs both for packages and by the minute. This should answer most any question you have about Internet access on the Caribbean Princess. If you still have questions just post again and I will try to answer your questions.

Have a great cruise!

CB WiFi.pdf

CB WiFi Trouble Connecting.pdf

Archived