Luggage Valet - POM

I have used Luggage Valet before and am familiar with the concept. With that being said, I have never used it in Miami.

For those of you that have used this service in Miami (FOS specifically).....Must you retrieve your bags before going through Customs and then hand the bags off to the valet folks - or - do you just get your bags at your final destination?

The RCI website indicates you must retrieve your bags for the Customs inspection and then hand them over to the valet folks, but I kinda' remember reading on CC awhile ago that you do not have to do this in Miami.

RCCL hasn't updated their website for how it's now handled in Miami. If you use the luggage valet service, you do NOT retrieve your bags in Miami after going through immigration.

You are right. We used it getting off FR and didn't see our bags again, after setting them outside the cabin, until we got off the plane at home! It was great! If customs wants to inspect the bags they will be pulled out but that doesn't seem to happen often and IMHO it would be due to a problem with the individual customs declaration. It was so nice not seeing the bags 'til we got off the plane. :D

I have found conflicting information on the earliest flight times out of Miami that one can use the Luggage Valet, and I can't get an answer directly from Royal Caribbean. Our flight is at 11:50 a.m. My TA said this is no problem. She explained that the earliest flight time for Luggage Valet is the same as the earliest flight time for Royal Caribbean transfers to the airport. This would also explain why people report different earliest flight times.

We are sailing on the Liberty of the Seas out of Miami. So, has anyone had a flight before noon out of Miami and used the Luggage Valet?

We were told flights could not be before noon for freedom, but that could have changed. To reaffirm what everyone else said, you won't see your bags again until you arrive at your final destination, great service, though we must admit we were a little nervous our bags never left the ship and were on their way back down to the caribbean when we landed!:D

We used LV out of Miami in April of this year for the Liberty, had an 11:40 flight, and didn't see our bags from the time we left them outside our cabins until we got to our final destination. One of them however did stowe away somehow, and went back out on Liberty the following week. RC found it quickly and shipped it home to us by UPS on Wed of the week after our cruise.

We used LV out of Orlando and didn't see our bags until we got to our final destination. Unfortunately, we didn't receive one of our bags until the next day as they tagged it incorrectly and it was left in Florida overnight. Thankfully, we did get it back the next day but it was quite frustrating when we got to our home airport and realized it was missing.....

The airlines didn't have a clue at first but they quickly tracked it down .

How they doing it there currently? On our Jewel cruise in January we had to claim our bags on the dock and drag them past customs, then give them to the airline. Still the same?

Rick

Still the same.

My question is that if you have a bag that will be your second checked bag that is going to be charged an extra charge am I right that you can not do the valet?

Thanks for the info.

You can still use the luggage valet.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from our Enchantment B2B. The Luggage Valet was not available. The Guest Relations Manager told us that the airlines have dropped it, at least for EN from FLL. Anyone else out there know more? The paying extra luggage fees probably killed the plan.

Rick and Deirdra

Archived