Luggage Valet - POM

I am interested in knowing how you take care of the extra bag fee when using Luggage Valet also. Does anyone have any experience with this?

You fill out the form 2-3 days in advance and it's put on your Sea Pass account. Besides for them taking care of your bags, I love getting the airline boarding passes before leaving the ship. The service takes ALL the hassle out of going to the airport.

Has anyone done this out of Puerto Rico? how did it work there?

It works the same as in FLL in San Juan. You put your bags out the night before. When you get off the ship you go through immigration and then enter a large warehouse where you retrieve your luggage. You drag your luggage past customs and then drop it off at a truck for transport to the airport for you.

The luggage valet program was different in San Juan than when we sailed out of Port Canaveral in September.

In San Juan, we collected our bags and walked them through customs. In Port Canaveral, we put our bags in the hall on Saturday night and never saw them again until we were at our home airport.

All charges, including extra bag fee, was put on our sea pass account.

Our flight after LOS doesn't leave until 7pm. Is my flight out too late for luggage valet?

I'm pretty sure that most airlines will not let you check luggage in advance of 3 hours before flight departure. This is why I am especially looking forward to taking advantage of LV. I would hate to have to keep up with our suitcases all day.

-Thanks so much.

We just got back from our Enchantment B2B. The Luggage Valet was not available. The Guest Relations Manager told us that the airlines have dropped it, at least for EN from FLL. Anyone else out there know more? The paying extra luggage fees probably killed the plan.

Rick and Deirdra

We just got off Enchantment this morning - and Valet was definately available. (The paper work also asked for FLL or MIA.) We flew back from FLL this morning and I saw passengers who had used the valet in the baggage claim area at DFW.

The paperwork indicates the baggage fees by airline, and also notes that once you complete the paperwork, they check with the airline to see whether you are exempt from the fees (First Class, Premium Customer, etc). I know because I work for a major airline and brought a copy of the paperwork back.

Johnathon

Archived