Is it possible to change your cruise destination after you have booked

jaw62901

Are you talking about basically cancelling the cruise you have booked, and instead booking a different cruise?

Although I don't know the details of the penalties applied in the US market after final payment is made, I expect that those penalties will apply to any cancellation, even if you are going to rebook straight away. Others will know more, but I think it will help if we know whether you are really asking the question that I've started with.

We booked direct on NCL web (not via TA).

When circumstances forced us to cancel the SUN South America cruise and go on JADE Mediterranean cruise instead, we called NCL and they kept our booking # (because the deposits have been paid on this #) and just changed the cruise.

Since it's outside the 75 day window, I would suggest you call NCL and ask for advice. Be armed with new cruise detail and the cabin of your choice. Good luck.

Here is the situation. I was suppose to be in the LA area on 1/9/09 for business and added the cruise on top of it since we were already going to be out there and booked directly with NCL. We are currently booked on the NCL Star going to the Mexican Riviera on 1/10/09. However I found out on Friday that the business trip changed and I will now actually be in Miami for business on Friday instead of LA so we now need a sailing out of Miami. I know that the NCL Dawn sails to the Eastern Caribbean on 1/10/09 so I was wondering if it was possible to move the cruise from one sailing out of LA to one sailing out of Miami.

If I have to, I will send my wife to LA and I just fly from Miami to LA after the business meeting is over on the 9th if I have to.

Please disregard this post. I have decided to send my wife to LA as planned and I will fly from Miami to LA in the afternoon once my business meeting is over instead of trying to rebook going via Miami. With the $400 price difference between cruises plus possible change fees this is the cheaper way to go. Our flights should get in about the same time anyways so that will work out as well.

Archived