What song reminds you of cruising?

CruiseHealing

It used to be "HOt, HOt, HOt!" but last week on the Elation out of San Diego out servers all lined up to sing, "I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane"---OR their VERSION Of this song! It was great!

BUt, I don't think I'll ever forget our wonderful international servers--on two cruises now--who get up to sing someone "Happy Birthday." It's a unique experience---but wonderful!

The response has been a real surpirse. I did not expect to see so much activity. I have already taken many of the suggestions and loaded my playlist. Please keep the songs coming. Here is another quick question, which artist's music reminds you of cruising? Bob Marley and Jimmy Buffet are my top artists.

Last year my 8 year old son brought his MP3 player with him to Xcaret. I was unhappy about him bringing the 'electronics' until I found out why... He played Kenney Chesney's Have another beer in Mexico ... while I was sitting under a palm tree, sipping a Corona, on the lagoon Christmas Day. It was a perfect moment and that song will forever remind me of a great cruise, that beautiful day and my darling son.

The soundtracks of any of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies (although, "At World's End" is my favorite). Particularly, sitting on the balcony, in the setting sun and listening to the last track....you can darned near *see* Capt'n Jack Sparrow and his bottle of rum setting sail....:D

I keep asking DH that **if** I were to play it on the pool deck...do you think we could get everyone to run from side-to-side on the ship to "rock" it like in the movie. For some reason, DH has advised that I'm banned from pool deck. :p :D (and, please note, it's just a joke between us....I wouldn't try it nor would I endorse it to be tried...)

8 Yrs ago I bought a CD on board NCL, I've played that getting ready and driving to our cruises;

Joy in the Caribbean, an NCL band playing Island favorites, including "Hot, Hot, Hot", "Who Let the Dogs Out", "Yellow Bird", ....

I recently got it out again, and discovered that it sounds pretty "cheesy" (lacking in quality), but I never noticed it much before. It's just fun. I will play that again while packing next week for our upcoming cruise.

Anything caribbean, or vacation sounding works for me. I love all kinds of music, but usually prefer Christian, praise and worship specifically, or contemporary. I haven't discovered enough with a caribbean beat though, for our vacation mode, though I do wish.....

Escape (Pina Colada song), by Rupert Holmes...and also on that "Partners in Crime playlist....

Answering Machine.

Thanks for the playlist load folks. Setting sail in 66 days for the New Years Cruise aboard Valor..

I also add "Couple of Days Off" by Huey Lewis and the News..

This is for those that have been on at least one cruise. What song reminds you of a past cruise or favorite time on a cruise? The reason for me asking is that I am redoing my Ipod playlist titled "Cruise", and I like it to be songs you hear on the cruise ship or in ports. I have a lot of steel drums and Jimmy Buffet, but I know there are more.

Oh yeah, my favorite song is "Red Red Wine"

"Rhythm is Gonna Get You" , "Turn The Beat Around" by Gloria Estefan Love that Latin Beat!

The anthem for our cruise this summer was:

"Corona and Lime" by Shwayze

I also have:

"Island in the Sun" - Weezer

"Stay" - Dave Matthews Band

"Santeria" - Sublime

"La Isla Bonita" - Madonna

"Rio" - Duran Duran

"Sending Out an SOS" - Police

"Too Much" - Dave Matthews Band (I eat too much, I drink too much, I want too much, too much)

Most of my others have already been mentioned.

My favorite is much softer than most of the traditional favs (which I also love!). When I need to recapture that sort of totally at peace with the world feeling that comes from just gazing out over the ocean or listening to the quiet with nothing but the sound of the ship moving through the water, I play "Sailin' On" (Dean Pitchford and Alan Mencken) sung by Nancy LaMott. I guess you have to be a cabaret fan to know her, but there will never be another to compare. I can't find the lyrics for this song anywhere but they are perfection for the diehard cruiser who just has to be on the water. There are other songs by the same name, which gets confusing. You can preview a bit of the song on Amazon. Great thread by the way! Thanks for letting me share my favorite with all of you. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QPCA16/ref=dm_mu_dp_trk4?ie=UTF8&qid=1225375890&sr=8-8

• 4 weeks later...

Archived