Self service laundry on Sun?

ohioNCLcruiser

James - there's got to be at least one, and probably two laundry offerings of "this price for all you can stuff into the bag." We've done this 3 times thus far and it always works out fine.

I'm looking forward to your impressions of the Sun. We're looking at taking the Sun from Buenos Aires to Santiago in March 2010. If you can, might you keep your ears open to any scuttlebutt regarding the two foward BA cabins on the Pool deck, 1002 and 1202? On paper they look like prime spots, especially for the cruise we're looking into.

And, please do come back with a report on your next cruise - looks like it's going to be fantastic!!!!!

All the best and bon voyage!

James - there's got to be at least one, and probably two laundry offerings of "this price for all you can stuff into the bag." We've done this 3 times thus far and it always works out fine.

I'm looking forward to your impressions of the Sun. We're looking at taking the Sun from Buenos Aires to Santiago in March 2010. If you can, might you keep your ears open to any scuttlebutt regarding the two foward BA cabins on the Pool deck, 1002 and 1202? On paper they look like prime spots, especially for the cruise we're looking into.

And, please do come back with a report on your next cruise - looks like it's going to be fantastic!!!!!

All the best and bon voyage!

Do a search using just the number 1202 or 1002 -- there are a lot of postings on these cabins--pretty windy.

Big Green

James,

We were fortunate to have spent 18 days on the Sun last month.

Packing was a challenge as we visited Alaska and Mexico.

They will offer the stuff-a-bag laundry program several times. Really stuff that bag for 19.99 and you won't regret it.

Have a great trip!

exactly! :eek: Normally I'm a light packer but will be overdoing it this time.

I don't even know what the weather is going to be like.

ohio if you go to v2go.com pull up your cruise, then click on each port it will give you monthly averages temp & percip.

Are on on the repo 11/4?

I've had laundry done on a Princess ship before. It was great getting things back all washed & ironed. However, it seemed like they only used HOT water. Great for cottons but iffy for a couple blended materials. One bright red cotton T-Shirt is now burgundy!

How's NCL's laundry service? Would you recommend for other than cottons that can take the hot water?

No self serve laundry - but they did a great job on the "stuff the bag" special - I would think with 19 days you'll probably experience 3 of those.

I can't say enough good about the Sun - lovely ship - don't forget to get to the Italian restaurant (I'Adiago) and have some 40 garlic alfredo for me. :)

Archived