Alcohol ?'s

ocdb8r

I've never cruised NCL so I'm wondering what the deal is with bringing alcohol aboard? While I know the official policy is that it is not allowed in baggage, how strict are they? I've never had a problem bringing on a single bottle in the past on other lines.

Also, my last cruise on Princess out of San Juan, there was a duty free in the Princess Terminal and we were allowed to bring on anything we bought in that duty free. Is there a similar opportunity for NCL out of MIA?

I like to tote a bottle of Baily's on for evening coffee!

TIA

C.

I've never cruised NCL so I'm wondering what the deal is with bringing alcohol aboard? While I know the official policy is that it is not allowed in baggage, how strict are they? I've never had a problem bringing on a single bottle in the past on other lines.

Also, my last cruise on Princess out of San Juan, there was a duty free in the Princess Terminal and we were allowed to bring on anything we bought in that duty free. Is there a similar opportunity for NCL out of MIA?

TIA

C.

You can start with this thread from just a few days ago. You can also find almost weekly threads discussing this subject to nauseum.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=860800

TIA

C.

Well first, consider yourself lucky to be able to shop at the duty free there in the port in SJ and bring your booze on, we tried that when sailing Celebrity and got busted as did many others....As for duty free anywhere near the terminal in Miami, no....there is no place. NCL is the strictest of all lines, with some others starting to crack down. You can bring wine on but will be charged a corkage fee. Hard liquor is not allowed. This is not saying everyone who puts a bottle in their luggage gets caught, but if you do you will be called to the "naughty room" and the booze will be kept until the night before the cruise is over...

Nita

Archived