Best way to get to Santiago airport from Valparaiso?

ohioNCLcruiser

Greetings everyone,

Whats the best way to get from Valparaiso cruise terminal to Santiago's airport? I would have about two pieces of luggage with me.

Thanks!

Hi James, Hope you remember me from our trip on the Dawn. Are you planning a trip around the horn? Me Too!!! When are you thinking of going? It would be too cool if we sailed together again.

There is a bus that apparently runs every 20 minutes between Valparaiso and Santiago. It costs $7 to $10. Or if you are on our cruise, you can tag along with us in our rental car (have not totally booked that yet) and tour the wine country before going to airport.:D

Hey James,

If you are looking for the most economical way from Santiago Airport to the port in Valparaiso, I can tell you how I did it when I boarded the Norwegian Dream in April of this year. After you get your local currency, there is a bus called 'CentroPuero' that stops at the front of the airport. You tell the driver you want to go to Parajitos, pay the fare ($2), and he will announce that stop. Parajitos is a bus station that has 2 companies that go to Valparaiso, Pulman & TurBus. There is a television screen in the terminal that will list both companies, so, take the next departure by going to their window and buying a ticket, they will assign you a seat & indicate which bay the bus leaves from and the driver will load your luggage. When arriving in Valparaiso, you can walk to the ship terminal (ships are actually docked a bus ride away from the terminal). From the bus station go to Avenida Argentina, turn left and it is 5 blocks. The combined fare is less than $10US.

I will doing the same thing again when boarding the Mariner of the Seas in February 2009. Good luck! :)

Archived