Boat Rental in St. Thomas

Sharon Lee

Hi,
We are going to be at St. Thomas the day after Christmas and want to rent a motor boat on our own. Does anyone have any recommendations for a charter company? We will need a boat that can be boarded from the dock for either a half day or full day, with or without a captain.
Thanks for any advice you can give!
Sharon

Hello Sharon,

Most of the boat rentals, if not all of them, are in Red Hook. The marina close to the Havensight Dock is being torn down and rebuilt. There are charters that will come pick you up at the dock, those will be with captain - but again many are in the Red Hook area were there are many marinas. Check out [url]http://www.vinow.com/stthomas/SandL/[/url]

There are charters listed there, you can check out their web sites and see if that is what you are looking for. There is also a boat rental there - you could call them and see if they can come to the dock.

All the best,
--Islander
Vinow.com

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I spent a week in St. Thomas a few years ago and rented a motor boat from a small outfit at the Sapphire Bay marina, next to Redhook. There were several outfits there that rented boats. I am afraid I can' remember the name of the outfit. The cost was maybe $200 for the day plus optional insurance. He forgot to tell me that I had to pay cash for the gas when I returned. About $35 more. They told me that I could not cross over to British Virgin Islands area without paying some sort of fee, so I did not. WE just went to St. John WE had a great time, but maybe I would have felt more comfortable in a charter, as I did not really know where was best to go. A map was provided. Good luck!

Archived