can we change name on booking?

cdngrl

my daughter and her fiance have split up. they were to leave at the end of november on the ruby to the caribbean.

she's a mess, but at this point she still wants to go. before i call princess (and get someone who doesn't know nearly as much as you all), does anyone know if she can change the booking to have a friend go along with her instead?

they are within 45 days of sailing, so would be charged $50 cdn for a change for the booking, but that is all the information i can find on the website. i'm not sure if that 'change' includes switching out one passenger for another.

if it matters, they have purchased princess insurance.

has anyone done this?

my daughter and her fiance have split up. they were to leave at the end of november on the ruby to the caribbean.

she's a mess, but at this point she still wants to go. before i call princess (and get someone who doesn't know nearly as much as you all), does anyone know if she can change the booking to have a friend go along with her instead?

they are within 45 days of sailing, so would be charged $50 cdn for a change for the booking, but that is all the information i can find on the website. i'm not sure if that 'change' includes switching out one passenger for another.

if it matters, they have purchased princess insurance.

has anyone done this?

Yes, as long as one of the original passengers is still booked in that stateroom you can have one switched to someone else. The $50 name change fee will apply on this. I am not sure of the time frame, but this can be done somewhere in the area of up to a week or so before sailing, if memory serves me correctly.

It would be the only way to go without a penalty, as insurance will not cover the cancellation penalty on this one.

It would be either cancel and loose a lot of money, or pay the $50 and quickly find a friend that is willing to join her.

thanks toto for the quick response.

gosh, no matter how old the kids get, sometimes they still come to mom.

really stressing as i leave on my cruise in under 3 weeks and she was to leave when i get back.

hopefully a week in the caribbean with a friend and princess to take care of her will be the right thing to do, and especially if its only a $50 charge.

this is one case where i guess its good they booked air through princess and it has not been released yet.

That is the best news yet. But don't wait any longer than necessary to get this new name on the list. Maybe they will only charge you the $50 to change both the cruise and the flight names for the new passenger.

Best of luck, and I think your daughter is doing the right thing by taking the cruise anyway. Once she gets onboard and has a few private moments to dwell on what has taken place, I am sure she will pick up her spirits and have a great time. ;)

Archived