GLBT Roll Call - Ryndam March 05, 2009

HALFans

• 1 month later...

We both really appreciated your insights on the ports of call!

Especially letting us know which were more 'commercial' ports and knowing that we'd find little of interest to us around the pier is a phenomenal help!

We both enjoyed the Hawaii cruise with you guys and hope to catch you onboard another sometime soon!

-Alan & Chris

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have the regular Cruise Critic Meet & Greet scheduled for March 6, 10am in the Crow's Nest.

Coffee, Tea, Cookies (Maybe Mimosas) & probably 2 members of the Hotel Staff will be there for at least part of the time.

My question...

Does anyone have more experience in arranging the FOD get togethers on HAL? Do I hit up the Cruise Director when we get onboard, or should I talk to the events people in Seattle about this too?

Last time we sailed on the Ryndam getting a FOD scheduled was a nightmare! :mad: Almost put me off of this cruise when I saw it was the Ryndam.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been told by two people in the Seattle office that there WILL be FOD gatherings on this cruise.

Now, please tell me there are more than the two of us booked so far.

Please?

Also, stateroom assignments will be made as early as February 5th. That's a change for normal guarantees.

I have been told by two people in the Seattle office that there WILL be FOD gatherings on this cruise.

Just heard this morning that the Cruise Director will be the infamous Andrew Smith from Australia - the one who says "Sure, we'll have a Friend of Dorothy meeting" and never schedules one.

I've already called to cancel all of my onboard gifts I'd already purchased and scrapped the plans to buy more once I new the stateroom.

I'd cancel the cruise but there's a $749 penalty and we just bought our air tickets last week.

I'm sorry you're having a problem with the director. You could make up a signup sheet and tape it to the outside of your cabin door (with a Pen) we did that once and the ship staff let us leave it up altho there was only two couples that we managed to hookup with. You might also consider working up the authority chain once onboard.

We won't be on this cruise as we will be in cabo Mx. I was just out looking to see if any family were coming into cabo the week we are there and you post caught my attention.

Good luck and have fun anyway!

I'm sorry you're having a problem with the director. You could make up a signup sheet and tape it to the outside of your cabin door (with a Pen) we did that once and the ship staff let us leave it up altho there was only two couples that we managed to hookup with. You might also consider working up the authority chain once onboard.

We won't be on this cruise as we will be in cabo Mx. I was just out looking to see if any family were coming into cabo the week we are there and you post caught my attention.

Good luck and have fun anyway!

We did receive our 'authorization letter' from the Office of the President of Holland America Lines.

The magic paragraph reads: "Friends of Dorothy meetings can be held on any of our sailings on the request of our guests. Our Cruise Drector's team will be happy to ensure the meeting notice is included in the daily program onboard." Hurrah!

I don't expect to have problems with ANY Cruise Director in the future. :D

We've been to Cabo San Lucas 2x before on a HAL ship. Once we did the tour that goes to San Jose del Cabo, which we really enjoyed. Last time we just walked around the city for a couple of hours. Any suggestions for this time? Are you going to be there a full week? Sounds fun!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived