Radiance class - Center of bump on 7 or center of aft on 9?

Hi everyone,

I'm taking my mom on a cruise in 2006. My TA is holding two cabins for me -- 7600 (middle of the bump) or 9260 (center of aft). Is aft a long way to walk, and if so, is it worth it, or is the hump just as nice? Mom is older and does sometimes tire easily, but I'd also love to be able to have a balcony where we have room to sit on lounge chairs.

Decisions, decisions :) Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Esther

The aft balconies are soo very nice. If I am paying the same price for a balcony I want the bigger one. Sure its a further walk- but its more queit back there as people do not generally go out of their way to get somewhere on a cruise ship. You may want to look at the extra walking as ways to burn off those extra calories you will be eating.

We had 9256 on the Serenade and will have the same cabin again on the Radiance in just a month. We absolutely loved it. Don't know how old you mother is, but it is a walk to the aft. But then again, the balconies are wonderful. Great view, more room (great for having breakfast on the balcony) and a lot less wind. One more advantage is that they are partially covered, but not completely so if she would want to sit in the sun or the shade, it is probably doable. I'm sure you will enjoy either that you choose.

We just got off the Radiance this past Sunday...We had the handicap cabin on deck 7 near the elevators #7110, very nice location, we were on a 14 day cruise so being near the centrum elevator was GREAT !

Had friends in cabin #9260, we visited their cabin, beautiful view on the back of the ship of the wake but that balcony didn't have any lounge chairs on it. They even asked their cabin steward to bring them a couple but he said he couldn't. Not sure what's up with that, might be another new policy of RCCL's.

Can't beat the location of cabin #7600.

Here's a picture of those bump out cabins on that side of the ship. Cabin 7600 is right above those glass windows with a great view straight down of the water. Nothing interfering with the view below.

105381257fCJfDA_ph.jpg

Not sure how mobile your Mom is, but it is a pretty long walk from the aft.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Jimbo:)

• 2 years later...
We just got off the Radiance this past Sunday...We had the handicap cabin on deck 7 near the elevators #7110, very nice location, we were on a 14 day cruise so being near the centrum elevator was GREAT !

Had friends in cabin #9260, we visited their cabin, beautiful view on the back of the ship of the wake but that balcony didn't have any lounge chairs on it. They even asked their cabin steward to bring them a couple but he said he couldn't. Not sure what's up with that, might be another new policy of RCCL's.

Can't beat the location of cabin #7600.

Here's a picture of those bump out cabins on that side of the ship. Cabin 7600 is right above those glass windows with a great view straight down of the water. Nothing interfering with the view below.

105381257fCJfDA_ph.jpg

Not sure how mobile your Mom is, but it is a pretty long walk from the aft.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Jimbo:)

I am thinking of booking 7600 on the serenade. My email is txwildflower2002@yahoo.com. Thanks!

We've had this cabin twice on the Radiance and once on the Jewel. We think it's the best location on the ship. It's perfect and we always try to get it on the Radiance class ships.

I am booking today then! There looks to be some large pipe below. Can you look down onto the water? Is there much noise from the champange bar below? Do you have a pic? Sorry, I am just so excited! Don't leave until Dec of 08!

Archived