Someone got visited by the Upgrade Fairy!

msk68

Congratulations Morrie! It should be an amazing experience!

I'm a first time cruiser. I'll be making my first voyage with Cunard on November 21st.

How do these upgrades work? My TA never mentioned anything about them.

Congratulations Morrie! It should be an amazing experience!

I'm a first time cruiser. I'll be making my first voyage with Cunard on November 21st.

How do these upgrades work? My TA never mentioned anything about them.

gunther the omniscient will provide ulta-accurate answer: when cabin is available before cruise, a lucky duck from a lower grade cabin is selected at random to move into the available cabin or suite if he/she wishes. The TA or cruiser himself/herself is then advised by mail of the impending change. There have been times when gunther was getting on ship and people in front of him were told as they boarded to their great excitement that they had received an upgrade. gunther give big tip to everyone but didn't work. gunther

I would not be the one to explain how the Upgrade Fairy chooses who she visits. I have been visited 2X in 4 years but I'm not sure if it is really me that is being visited or my mom since she is a 'Diamond' World Club member. We also have a fantastic, wonderful, terrific etc etc etc TA who used to work for Cunard (she was in the recent NY Times article) and she knows a lot of people.

Perhaps there are others that know but I do know that there is a 'list' for each voyage - I've managed to pull that much out of the people at Cunard.

Morrie

It is totally done at random. No list exists. gunther know all. gunther rich and give huge tip but no upgrade go down, he frown. gunther

Gunther, do I understand that you are, not unreasonably, the first person in the history of the planet to be visited by the downgrade fairy?

Sir Martin

Gunther, do I understand that you are, not unreasonably, the first person in the history of the planet to be visited by the downgrade fairy?

Sir Martin

Either that or after giving the huge tip to no avail, GH tried something else and was greeted with a frown??:eek:

As previously stated many times by gunther,"Cmates very cognizantly aware young man"! He should also be known as Cmantics for his uncanny understanding of guntherisms. sir martin cool two. gunther cool one. gunther

It's like deciphering cuneiform script, quite truthfully. That coupled with my growing knowledge of Scottish vernacular have served me well in this regard.;)

Does this make me cool three? Not sure I want to be behind the cat!:eek:

It is totally done at random. No list exists. gunther know all.

Well Hap...errr I mean Gunther, in this instance that is what an agent for Cunard told me. I had always teasingly told the agents when I talked to them that I should qualify to go to the head of the class/line etc. since this is my 40th birthday trip, I never dreamed it would actually happen. :D

its this simple, if cunard have a high demand for your type of cabin and no ones left , they can push up the price of your cabin a few degreas and easily sell it , and put you in a more expensive one that they may not sell at the price they want , you will spend on board anyway, the state room is there wheather filled or not and everyone is happy, luck of the draw sometimes

Is Gunther ,the French policeman out of hello hello , in his ,:confused: disguise as a german, making a break for sanity and normality.

Confused i am.

Thank god i am on this cruise and going to, morries sailaway party in her suite.

Archived