1 10 day or 2 7 day cruises?

cyberrat67

I'm considering doing 2 7 day cruises next year, instead of the 1 10 day cruise....anyone have any opinions as to which would be better? I was thinking it would be nice to break up the vacation a bit, rather than wait til the end of 05 for the next cruise

I think it might depend on the itinerary. For example we board the Star on Sunday and the first week it goes western, then we stay on for the eastern. It also depends on pricing. But the one thing we are SURE of is that 7 days is not long enough!!!! (I also like two 7 day cruises, because you can pack for 1 week....the second week is all new people.. no one to remember what you've been wearing!!)

I've done two 10-day cruises and they were wonderful. When we went back to a 7-dayer it seemed so short.

However, I don't think I'd be that interested in two 7 day cruises (back to back) because you'd be repeating the dining room menus and the entertainment. Now, maybe two 7 dayers on two different ships would be fun.;)

Consider the fact that you're returning to FLL twice and therefore will hit the cooler weather twice as well. Seems to me that this will cut down significantly on your hot weather days, if that is one of the things you are seeking.

Consider the fact that soon Princess will be offering 14 day cruises on the Sea Princess: no need to do two 7 day cruises.

Just my humble 2 cents worth.

Hey, and I got it the first time..........:D ...............after sailing 7, 8, and 10 day trips I would opt for a 10 day cruise and a quick get-a-way to 'Vegas or somewhere warmer than Chicago. You spend all the bucks for airfare and hotel/or not and other travel expenses twice for 2 seperate 7 day cruises. Even if you couldn't do a little get-a-way, I LOVED the 10 day, a much nicer vacation.......good luck with what ever you decide.

Take the two! That is one way I can cruise 3-4 times a year. Granted I am right here in Ft Lauderdale, but I get great rates and I would rather look forward to several cruises in a year than just one. Also, depending on the time of year, more ships to choose from in the Caribbean.

Tina

I agree with Catmand. I'd rather take the 10 day cruise and then try to take a long weekend somewhere. I find, whether I'm cruising or taking a "land" vacation, 7 days is just not enough. It takes me a day or 2 to fully relax and leave the world behind, and the last day, I'm already thinking of what is awaiting our return home. So, I really only have 4 carefree days on a 7 day trip. I'm never ready to go home after 7 days.

Lon

Unless you do 2 back to backs or live near the port city, you will be paying double airfare. My preference is back to back cruises, and I don't care if they go to the same ports, but you could go on different cruise lines out of the same port.

Most of the Princess ships have the same menus and entertainment (we went on 3 Princess cruises in a year on 3 different ships - Sea (alaska), Grand (E Carr), Dawn (alaska) - and the food and entertainment were all the same) and you might not like that. We didn't care. We were just glad to be on board!

I would do the 10 day. I've done a couple 7 days and a 10 day and now I know that I will always do a 10 day or longer if I get the chance. It's so much more relaxing and I realized that I am just getting into the swing of things by day 3 and if I am on a ten day I still have a week to enjoy myself. The extra days really makes the ship and my cabin feel like home. Plus it ends up costing me less money doing a longer cruise then doing 2 shorter ones and having double travel costs.

7 DAYS IS NOT LONG ENOUGH!!!

Seriously,cruises go by SOOOOOOOOOOO fast that on a 7-nighter before you know it,your 3 days into your beautiful vacation and then you start getting depressed knowing it'll all end soon.

10 day cruises for us are just about perfect...we miss our "fur children" too much to take 14 day cruises or longer.

Besides,if I have to fly all the way to the east coast(I hate to fly!),I want it to be for more then a 7-nighter.

That being said,2003 was a great year because we were able to cruise 2 times,both 7-nighters.

Ah,behold...the power of the seas!

Many people don't have vacation restraints. I do and have switched back to 7 days this year just to get another one in. However, I will manage to squeeze some land time to stretch to 8 days or 9 days each time. We live just across the WI border and know you can get some pretty good flights so that isn't all that big a deal. Also appears to be some better rates on the shorter cruises vs. the longer and Priceline does well on hotels.

Have fun planning!

I'd probably choose 2 7day cruises. Don't get me wrong I love extended cruising. When you return to shorter cruises it does seem to go by fast. That said, I love taking two a year. Waiting another whole year between them just seems too long. You can also pick different lines, ships, intineraries. There is more diversity in two per year!

I'd probably choose 2 7day cruises. Don't get me wrong I love extended cruising. When you return to shorter cruises it does seem to go by fast. That said, I love taking two a year. Waiting another whole year between them just seems too long. You can also pick different lines, ships, intineraries. There is more diversity in two per year!

That was my reasoning as well. I thought 2 vacations would be better than one, even though the 2 would likely be more expensive than the 1. I'm considering another cruise line though, since Princess seems a bit more expensive.

I'm also hoping to take my 5 year old daughter on a three day cruise this spring...don't know who I'll go with though...Disney is WAY too expensive...

Archived