Booking Excursions

firstcruise2009

As you can see I will be cruising for the first time August 2009.

I know I have some time, but wanted to get an idea of how far in advance people booked excursions.

I should add I will be on the Voyager of the Seas going to the Western Med. Cruise, we stop in Naples, Civ., Livorno, Villefranche and Marseille. I plan on reserving private excursions for some of these ports. Thanks in advance for your help/thoughts!

firstcruise2009 :)

If there is a particular excursion you MUST have, or it will ruin your trip, then book as soon as it becomes available. If it's one of those "well, that would be nice, but it's not that important" type of excursions, then you could wait--they do hold back a certain percentage of spots for onboard booking.

In the Caribbean, usually excursions aren't THAT important..but in Europe or the Med....you want to get the most of the trip!

If you later change your mind, you can cancel!

If there is a particular excursion you MUST have, or it will ruin your trip, then book as soon as it becomes available. If it's one of those "well, that would be nice, but it's not that important" type of excursions, then you could wait--they do hold back a certain percentage of spots for onboard booking.

In the Caribbean, usually excursions aren't THAT important..but in Europe or the Med....you want to get the most of the trip!

If you later change your mind, you can cancel!

I agree completely - and would add that many of the Caribbean island tours are less costly and more enjoyable booked independently or done completely on your own.

But as this is a Med. trip, I agree with the advice to prioritize and book early.

You are in for a special treat! If you would like to book private excursions, I suggest going to the Meet and Mingle section for your ship/sailing date and preferably earlier sailing dates to see what excursions other people are booking or have booked. You can ask them to leave feedback when they return.

Our cruise last year went to Livorno, and a number of people from our CC group went to Florence on the train (and bus) together. It was our first train trip abroad, and we felt more secure traveling as a group. We had a lot of fun together. Some of us went to Pisa together too. Some of our group went on to Lucca and loved it. Whatever you do, have a great time.

Archived