Edocs

dothow

Hi Fellow Cruisers,

This will be our 11th time on NCL. The second time using e-docs.

In August of this year we sailed on the Dawn and after we made our final payment our e-docs showed up in 2 days . We are booked on the Gem on Dec. 27, 2008 and made final payment a month ago. As of today we still can not get to our edocs. We even tried ncl.com/edocs and we got the following message "The reservation is not yet READY to be retrieved." Try again. We contacted our TA and was told just wait. What are some of the time frames that others have experienced in getting their ecocs?

We had also read where some of you also got a Welcome Package from NCL with luggage tags that your TA's forwarded to you. We called NCL to see if this is possible and was told yes. They told us that we needed to contact our TA and have them request one. We called our TA and was told that they will not request one since it is not their policy to mail anything out. We got a good deal on our cruise and therefore we guess that we have to take the bad in order to get the good. Anyway thanks and look forward to your responses.

dothow

Baltimore, MD

Hi Fellow Cruisers,

This will be our 11th time on NCL. The second time using e-docs.

In August of this year we sailed on the Dawn and after we made our final payment our e-docs showed up in 2 days . We are booked on the Gem on Dec. 27, 2008 and made final payment a month ago. As of today we still can not get to our edocs. We even tried ncl.com/edocs and we got the following message "The reservation is not yet READY to be retrieved." Try again. We contacted our TA and was told just wait. What are some of the time frames that others have experienced in getting their ecocs?

We had also read where some of you also got a Welcome Package from NCL with luggage tags that your TA's forwarded to you. We called NCL to see if this is possible and was told yes. They told us that we needed to contact our TA and have them request one. We called our TA and was told that they will not request one since it is not their policy to mail anything out. We got a good deal on our cruise and therefore we guess that we have to take the bad in order to get the good. Anyway thanks and look forward to your responses.

dothow

Baltimore, MD

You need to make sure your edocs and advance registration are done a min. of two weeks before sailing, otherwise you will have to make sure you are at embarkment 2 hours before departure as per NCL website.

I would give it another week.

I can't put my elelctronic finger on the thread, but I read somewhere (might not even have been here) that edocs are usually released 4-6 weeks before the cruise. They'll send you an e-mail when they are ready. It apparently has nothing to do with when you pay.

I can't put my elelctronic finger on the thread, but I read somewhere (might not even have been here) that edocs are usually released 4-6 weeks before the cruise. They'll send you an e-mail when they are ready. It apparently has nothing to do with when you pay.

You are correct NCL does send an email, however I have never dealt with a TA so if you don't hear from someone here call your TA they should know if they send an email direct to you.

We are leaving in 2 weeks to pick up the Gem in Barcelona and bring her back to NYC. Made final payment a couple of months ago. Did not receive any email from NCL or T/A, so yesterday I went online and printed them out. All we need now are the air tickets to Barcelona.

We did the online registration (I booked directly with NCL), and received edocs and email with luggage tags to print off. I did that and had them laminated, but yesterday, I received tags (lots of them!) in the mail... We sail Dec 6 to Mexican Riviera on the Star.:) I got the edocs after I did the final payment to NCL.

I think you have to complete the online reservation as well. I'm going on the Gem 2 weeks before the OP, and I received my edocs about 3 weeks ago & my actual luggage tags arrived today! Yippee, the clock is counting down :eek:

Fellow Cruisers,

Thank you all for your replys. We did fill out our registration forms weeks ago.

We will wait to the end of November and then inquire with our TA again.

As far as luggage tags we probably will not get the Welcome Package since our TA said they will not request one. It is not their policy to mail anything out.

I guess they are trying to save money also. We are happy with the great deal that our TA found for us. We look forward to our New Years cruise on the Gem.

Happy Cruising to All

dothow

Fellow Cruisers,

As far as luggage tags we probably will not get the Welcome Package since our TA said they will not request one. It is not their policy to mail anything out.

Happy Cruising to All

dothow

I book through a TA but the luggage tags come direct from NCL.

Just wondering what to do..We printed out our luggage tags and also received some in the mail NCL but we have been upgraded and our old cabin number is on them Can I change it myself? I like the ones they sent because they are on plastic..The ones I printed out are on copy paper and I am afraid they won't hold up on the luggage..Thanks for any help you can give me..

you can change them

BUT if you don't cut out the ones, printed on regular paper, and just fold them...plus you can use clear packing tape to seal them...they will work.

or ...just wait until you get to the docks, get some from the porters and write on the correct information.

I booked 3 weeks before the cruise began, and my eDocs were online within 24 hrs. The TA gave me the booking number and emailed me the link to the advance registration page and I did the rest. I had my luggage tags before the charge even hit my American Express card.

Archived