Aquarium Long Beach question

lea

Has anyone been to the aquarium in Long Beach? I understand it is suppossed to be one of the largest. Can we do it justice if we go the morning --Late late morning and early afternoon - before the cruise? We have rented a car and are flying in the day before and staying at the Renaissance Marriot which is not too far from it but do not really want to get up at the crack of dawn since we have a nice hotel. It does cost about $20 pp to see so should get our monies worth too I hope.

Thanks for your info.

Hi Lea,

It's been several years since I have visited the Long Beach Aquarium, but it is a nicely laid out venue, with an impressive collection which I am sure you will enjoy. Not sure what day/date you will be visiting, but it is normally not too crowded, and you should be able to visit most of the displays in a half day. You will be reasonably close to the cruise terminal and traffic should not be a problem, so you should not be rushed to get to the ship on time.

Petert

If you're talking about mid-week, it will be easier to get around the Aquarium (assuming there's not tons of school tours going on). They can get crowded on the weekends, especially on holiday and summer weekends. I think we had gone on a Friday, but was there for the afternoon and night (they have summer night hours). You might want to check their website as the last time I had checked it, there was a message about having "timed" entrances on the weekend. We easily spent several hours there, with a break to walk over to Shoreline Village for dinner.

Personally, if we're going on a cruise, we try to get on it as early as possible (like late morning).

Thank you both. It sounds as if it might work, even though it is a Sunday that we are going on -

I am with you cruisin chick - I would go to the cruise early too - but my dear husband - he likes to pack everything in - He has never been to LA before so he has an ambitious schedule the day before too. I am more into relaxing!!!! Oh well - I guess that's why God put us together - to balance eachother out.:D

Thanks again.

Too bad you couldn't make it two days pre-cruise, or stay a day or two after the cruise then. Usually we have left from San Pedro (as it's just a drive in for us), but the last time we went to Miami, we came in a day before the cruise, and stayed a week later so we can visit relatives in Miami, and then stayed in the Keys for a few days. When we went to Seattle for our Alaskan cruise, we got off the train Friday night near midnight, did a little sightseeing and shopping (sodas, water, etc. for the cruise) on Saturday, cruise on Sunday. After the cruise we stayed for a couple of days in Seattle, as it was my hubby's and girl's first time (my third) in Seattle. We don't go on a vacation every year, but when we do, we're able to do a two-week one.

Archived