Worst Seas I Ever Encountered

Joecadd

And this is why I take a Bonine before I get on the ship! I get horribly seasick within minutes of sailing, but with Bonine I like it a little bumpy!

Not looking forward to anything too rough on our way back to LA from Mexico...

We were on the same cruise and had a great time. Can't let a little bad weather dampen a cruise. The Explorer handled the storm well.

As said in my post we had a great time as well. Even during the roughest times were were out and about the ship. Actually worked out well nothing was really ever crowded.

We had rough seas returning from Hawaii 2 weeks ago on the Radiance.

30 + foot seas, 50+ MPH winds and swells that were huge.

Our waiter who has been w RC for 8 years was sea sick for the first time ever and a lot of the newer crew were green. The show for the night was cancelled, pools were drained and all outdoor decks were closed. It lasted almost 48 hours.

We had to band aid the corner cabinet door in the bathroom cause it kept opening and closing. (duct tape is now on my packing list!)

We loved it!!! :D :D :D

I, too, was on the 10/18 cruise and I agree with all who posted here. I never felt in danger. I couldn't believe that we had 85mph winds and 40 foot swells. I took bonine and never missed a meal. Yes, the coffee carafe slid off our table in our room, the deck furniture slid to one side (we were in room 7688) in the back of the ship, and I almost toppled over when getting out of the shower. I told my 15 year old son that this must be like the Deadliest Catch TV show.:D But as long as you didn't get seasick, it was an interesting experience and I felt really, really bad for those who did get sick. It probably turned alot of people off cruising and when I spoke to people during the week and they told me they were in fact sick, I told them not to let that turn them off cruising. What I found really hysterical was trying to get down from the bunk bed on Sunday morning in the middle of all this, especially because the ladder they use have rounded rungs, it's a narrow ladder, and I really thought I was going to spend the rest of the day up there! LOL:):)

Anyone else on Enchantment during hurricane Wilma ?

Now that was a "rough" cruise....

I remember people talking about that cruise. We were on the Adventure out of San Juan for 8 days in the Southern Caribbean when Ivan and Jeane seemed to be cirlcling us in 2004.:eek:

This has nothing to do with your post -- your screen name really caught my eye. My maiden name is Cadd, so I was wondering if your last name is really Cadd, or is that something you just made up?

I'm originally from Roanoke, VA. My father was the only boy in seven children and my grandfathers' siblings never had any children, so it is doubtful that we are related, even though we may both have the same (unusual, right?) last name.

Just my two cents worth!

We've been on cruises where the seas were so rough that you couldn't walk down the hallways without bouncing off the walls. Never got sick even once. Then earlier this month we were in the Med on our first full sea day. The seas were calm as glass and guess what? I was sicker than a dog and wound up down in the infirmary for shots from the Dr. :o

2P.P1

This has nothing to do with your post -- your screen name really caught my eye. My maiden name is Cadd, so I was wondering if your last name is really Cadd, or is that something you just made up?

I'm originally from Roanoke, VA. My father was the only boy in seven children and my grandfathers' siblings never had any children, so it is doubtful that we are related, even though we may both have the same (unusual, right?) last name.

Just my two cents worth!

Nana&poppy2526, Cadd is in fact my last name and ironically enough my faters relatives were from Roanoke VA. I still have some family there. Please email me to discuss

joecadd@comcast.net

looking forward to chatting with you.

Archived