Guaranteed balcony rooms

MEBGR1Teacher

I just booked a guaranteed balcony room on Adventure of the Seas. Has anyone had problems with the cruise line selecting the room for you? I know it is less expensive and I'm hoping I won't be sorry. I've always picked the room number in the past. Thanks for any input about my decision!

We have had a guarentee several times with Princess and were never disappointed with our cabin.

Just be sure that there are no unacceptable cabins in the category you are booking or any higher category. You never know, but that might be the cabin you get.

I just booked a guaranteed balcony room on Adventure of the Seas. Has anyone had problems with the cruise line selecting the room for you? I know it is less expensive and I'm hoping I won't be sorry. I've always picked the room number in the past. Thanks for any input about my decision!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!

We have had several guaranteed cabins and have always been satisfied the way it has worked out. The key thing is to make sure the guaranteed level of cabin you have choosen will make you happy and don't assume that you will get upgraded although that may happen.

Have a great next cruise.

You always take a chance when you let someone else pick your cabin. Most of the time it works out well, but there are many people who have ended up under the dance floor or the pool deck, next to a stairway the crew uses early in the morning where the door bangs constantly, or right at the front of the ship where there is a lot more motion, or a balcony with a solid steel railing, etc... If you are particular about noise or tend to get seasick it's probably better to pick your own cabin. You do have a better chance of an "upgrade" with guarantee cabins, but most often the upgrade is same cabin at a different, not neccessarily better, spot on the ship. If it doesn't really matter to you where your cabin is then you can sometimes, but not always, get a better deal with a guarantee.

Having said that, I think it would be really hard to go on a cruise and not have a great time wherever your cabin ends up :D

Thanks for the information! I'm hoping things will turn out fine! This will be my 8th cruise but it's the first time in a guaranteed room. The prices have just dropped and I saved $600.00 for the 2 rooms so I'm happy about that! Thanks again for your advice!

Archived