HAL's Transfers from Seward to Anchorage

MalNZ

Would appreciate information on the above transfer.

What time it leaves Seward and arrives - where it actually goes in Anchorage.

Cost for Adults and Children (6 & 7)

We will be arriving in Seward on the 24th May 2009 on the Veendam.

I imagine it would be costly, but wanted to get to Anchorage as soon as we could.

Many thanks for your responses.

There are 2 ways to go from Seward to Anchorage.

HAL uses both methods.

One way is the train -- it leaves about 7 AM. Luggage is taken by truck to the Egan Center. The buses stop there. Someone will come and explain what happens here -- I haven't done that part yet.

The other is the bus --always leaves shortly after 7 AM. Some buses go directly to the airport. Others go to Anchorage hotels. And then others leave for the land tours.

Needless to say -- everyone is up bright and early -- breakfast is early for everyone.

Things might have changed since I did this, but somehow I doubt it.

As I recall we left at far too early in the morning ---sometime before the roosters got up, I think ;) (well, it seemed that way), and were dropped off at the Egan Center in downtown Anchorage.

Does anyone know the cost?

What time do you get to Anchorage?

Is the bus or train better, and what is the differences, price wise etc.

Is there another way that someone has used to do this transfer that maybe cheaper.

Thanks all of you.

Does anyone know the cost?

What time do you get to Anchorage?

Is the bus or train better, and what is the differences, price wise etc.

Is there another way that someone has used to do this transfer that maybe cheaper.

Thanks all of you.

Well one way that was not mentioned above if you do not like prices of tour busses and trains (no I don't have a clue to what the cruiline offers on that) is that if you want to go out on your own you can rent a car...

http://rentalcars.priceline.com/car-rentals/off-airport-availability/saginaw---st-clair-shores/seward-ak.html

I know that 10 years ago I went on the alaska train railway from my city in Wasilla...to Denali which is roughly a shorter distance than Seward to Anchorage. I paid a couple hundred dollars for the train ride for 4 people. So I can imagine thats about what you will be charged for the train...but HAL should have the prices for that listed in the "Book excusions" section of their site. Bus will be much faster...depending on how many stops they take. A car is the fastest and you can always leave the car in Anchorage at whatever rental car place you get them from...but with gas prices at 3.50 (at this time) a gallon....don't know if it would be necessarily cheaper.

It is about 127 miles from Seward to Anchorage.

Archived