OnLine Check vs. Upgrade Fairy!

twoatsea

Does anyone know - Would we be more likely to get an unexpected free upgrade if we don't sign in online?

If we don't signin online, what will be the consequences?

Delay?

Confusion at the port signin for our reservation? (sailing from Venice)

We are in a Grand Suite, 3 of us. Only suite showing as available is the family suite.

Thanks for your help.

No--that will just make for a longer checkin process at the pier. Your best bet for a "free" upgrade is to book a guarantee catagory---for some reason, they tend to move cabins about and sometimes you'll get upgraded either to a better location or even a better cabin catagory. Note I said "sometimes"--it doesn't happen to everyone, and it doesn't happen often!

Higher catagory cabins/suites are less likely to be upgraded.

Sign in online.

If you are only "3", you do not qualify for a family suite.

MARAPRINCE

OP is sailing in less than a month so this close any restrictive cabins like family and handicap are released to the general public and have restrictions removed. DW and I could have booked a Family Veranda for our upcoming Celebrity cruise and in the past have booked handicap cabins which we didn't need to have.

I doubt your method of check-in has any impact on upgrade likelihood.

As for the impact of not checking in on-line, the timing got away from me once on a translant cruise. We showed up without a SetSail pass 'cause I was too late to print it. So here's what happened:

(1) the line for people without SetSail passes was significantly shorter than those with and we got to a desk much faster than the folks in the SetSail pass line.

(2) the check-in process took about 2 minutes (no faster or slower than we've experienced before).

Not having that SetSail pass bumped us ahead of dozens and dozens of folks with them! Who knew?

... Cal

One thing to think about before you don't do the set sail pass. If some unforseen event makes you late on catching the ship (under 60 minutes) you may not be permitted to board. You could print the set sail pass and just go to the other line if it is shorter.:rolleyes: How would they know?

If you are in a Grand suite you will go to the priority boarding line anyway - but even there it will certainly be slower without online check in.

But we have just returned from the Splendour and met the people staying in the royal suite - they moved after 1 night because the noise was terrible. All the suites are located on deck 8 and above is the pool deck, jogging track and windjammer. They said that the noise from above the royal suite is very bad and continuous into the night as the staff set up the chairs for the next day. They were told every one in this suite complains and moves - so I would either stick to where you are or try to move to a suite at the back of the ship where the rock climing wall is and it`s not "as" busy.

The Splendour is in great shape, staff are very friendly - we had a lovely cruise!

We are sailing on the Navigator Transatlantic and got a Royal Family Suite about 6 weeks ago - there's only three of us and only I know we've booked the upgrade - should be nice surprise for Mom and Sister:D

So you may be eligible for the RFS!

Archived