Thursday Sale

calicruise74

[quote name='luvmytbear']I don't understand how everyone seems to get the reduced fare on an existing booking. Every time I've tried to do that, I always am told it's new bookings only. :confused:

I could save $260 if they'd give me the reduction. :([/quote]

I'm having the exact same problem. I could save almost $300 but I'm also told it's for new bookings only, except that doesn't seem to case for everyone:confused:

[quote name='Butterfly~kisses!']I'm having the exact same problem. I could save almost $300 but I'm also told it's for new bookings only, except that doesn't seem to case for everyone:confused:[/QUOTE]

The girl who I spoke to last night(Bonnie) started to say that, but when she found out I was still not in the penalty phase, meaning I just could rebook at the lower price, she did the sale price in like 1 min. Dont know if that is the proper logic, but it worked for me. I think just keep calling to till you get the right person :D.

[quote name='Slimpickins']The girl who I spoke to last night(Bonnie) started to say that, but when she found out I was still not in the penalty phase, meaning I just could rebook at the lower price, she did the sale price in like 1 min. Dont know if that is the proper logic, but it worked for me. I think just keep calling to till you get the right person :D.[/quote]
I second that !! I called yesteday morning and was told I could not up-grade the 6 category's until Thursday for my ALREADY booked cruise if it was possible at all ! So I called back 2 hours later and talked to a different PVP and in about 1 minute it was done and my new invoice was e-mailed to me.. Kepp calling.. Squeeky wheels DOOOO get the greese.

[quote name='Slimpickins']The girl who I spoke to last night(Bonnie) started to say that, but when she found out I was still not in the penalty phase, meaning I just could rebook at the lower price, she did the sale price in like 1 min. Dont know if that is the proper logic, but it worked for me. I think just keep calling to till you get the right person :D.[/quote]

That's the right logic.

As far as why they don't send out the sale notices for pending cruisers? Conspiracy theory here, but, if I sold 1000 people a burrito for $4 each, last thing I want is for those those people to know I'm now selling them for $3 each. That would would be a lot of unhappy burrito eaters. And we don't want ANY unhappy burrito eaters.

Some of us are in-the-know and we know how to find the burrito sale AND how to get the "good" burrito price. So I guess all's fare.

[quote name='racegrrl']I have two email addys - one for personal, one for work. I use personal for all my cruise info that Carnival sends me when booking. I signed up at Carnival.com with my work one using my maiden name and I still receive all the promo info on that address.

You can get a yahoo or hotmail account for nothing. Might be worth it to sign up with Carnival with a second address and continue to get the emails there . . . most services allow you to forward to your primary so you don't even have to bother checking the other one. :D

Sneaky? Maybe . . . Smart? Definitely! ;)[/quote]Thanks for the suggestion. I mean I always find out about the sales just by reading on CC or checking Carnival's website, but it is so easy just to get the email stating there is a sale and then that way I can see if it applies to my particular sailing. Once again, thanks.

[quote name='mr jailerman']My choices were also all category's to 8G. They are the most popular and the least of them open so my guess is that when those 20 cabins are gone Carnival can say "Hey , We did run a sale on that ship but those cabins are now gone, Sorry" I have always had a midship Balcony also but was going to try AFT this time anyway as the wide view from the back is said to blow the view from just one side away. We shall see. If you decide to try one of those prized AFT's do as I did yesterday. Call Carnival and switch your current cabin to an 8A. Then can back later with a different PVP and tell them you want to up-grade to the 8G. I then got up-graded at the 8A price simply because My last cabin was an 8A !:eek: :D Good Luck..[/quote]

Great suggestion! Will try!
Thanks!
:)

[quote name='wasiii'].....I never took a cabin on a higher deck, usually midship in a lower category. You can ask for a lower category and you'll be able to get it from Carnival even though it may not show.

wasiii[/quote]

I will call and see what's available.
I always book a mid-ship on a higher deck.
As long as the price is right. ;)..:p

Archived