Thursday Sale

calicruise74

I looked at my May 30, 2009 cruise using p1s and 1, 2 perosn was the same, but 3,4 was 40 usd cheaper per person. So if I call them they should reduce my 3,4 person by 40 usd per if i'm reading this right? :). Im guessing(but I will ask) that my other room with just 2ppl(military rate) is not changed?

For sure it wouldnt affect the military rate cabin, since you cant combine 2 codes. Military is pretty much always cheaper than any other codes.

Call on the other one.

the code isnt good for 2010 cruises?? I tried on a few days and it says invalid, so either its because only good for 2009 dates or those sailings, cant tell.

Here's your answer!

.text_fuel { font: 11px/12px verdana; color: #999999;}^Fuel supplement additional $9 per guest, per day based on double occupancy; additional $4 per guest, per day for third, fourth and fifth guests.

*Cruise rates are in U.S. dollars, per person and based on double occupancy. Offer is non-transferable, and has no cash value. Farecode must be requested to receive promotion. No name changes. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Full deposit required at time of booking. Minimum purchase category 4A. Offer excludes categories 1A/4S/5A/6E/7A/8P/8S/9A/11/12/SS. Combinable with supersaver rates only. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Rates are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Sailings within range may be slightly higher. Upgrades available within like cabin categories (Interior to Interior, Ocean view to Ocean view, Balcony to Balcony). Category restrictions apply. Valid on new bookings only. Offer expires at midnight EST on Thursday 10/30/08. Applicable on select sailings through 12/18/09. Blackout dates may apply. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Request fare code P1S. Ship's Registry: Panama & The Bahamas.

Here's your answer!

Applicable on select sailings through 12/18/09. Blackout dates may apply. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Request fare code P1S. Ship's Registry: Panama & The Bahamas.

Thanks, I have cruises booked so Carnival wouldnt send me the sales any more.

Thanks, I have cruises booked so Carnival wouldnt send me the sales any more.

Don't forget.. It says new bookings only but I called earlier today and got the up-grade to my existing booking on the Triumph. I was told that the preview started today by the SECOND PVP.. (Not the first:eek: :D ) I have learned that when Carnival tells me something That I don't like to just call back a short time later and get a different PVP and often find better results.. Can't hurt to try ? ;) Good Luck..

It probably isnt good for into 2010 dates, just 2009?? If it shows as invalid, then it doesnt apply to your cruise.

My problem is cant use it on any of the 3 Carnival cruises I booked next year for various reason, 6 category upgrade sale?? Did I read this correct??? Be still my fingers that want to book more cruises.

If your cruise price has gone up and you are paying a lower fuel surcharge for instance this sale might not help you unless you are willing to also pay the higher fuel surcharge and cross your fingers that the price of fuel will stay below $70 so it will be removed. .... or if your price has gone up like the Crazies cruise date, my price has gone up, so you cant necessarily take advantage of it for already booked cruises.

So you have decided to cruise with Carnival after all? I remember reading the posts after your last cruise that you were thinking about never booking with them again or were all 3 of these already booked before that? Did you ever hear anything back from Carnival?

Yes, it is a six category upgrade. Just talked to my PVP. She adjusted my booking for the Freedom in 2009. Saved a few more $$$.

I found out about the special by checking their website. Once you have a cruise booked they no longer send you the advertisements, at least that is what I have been told by Carnival.

So you have decided to cruise with Carnival after all? I remember reading the posts after your last cruise that you were thinking about never booking with them again or were all 3 of these already booked before that? Did you ever hear anything back from Carnival?

All 3 were booked prior to the Ike Conquest cruise. So far Carnival hasnt answered. John Heald from his blog told me Sunday he would have someone call me today, on Monday, no calls. No one has answered my letter. So I contacted my TA so they will forward it thru my TA to Carnival.

The 3 I already had booked will be hard to cancel. The TA for two has a cancellation penalty, including the one I booked for the same dates as the Crazies cruise and Id like to meet the rest of the Crazies, I had booked prior to them getting together even. The 3rd is thru a auction site and the terms are its non refundable and paid in full.

Im looking but havent booked any more Carnival cruises, have booked a RCL cruise since the Ike cruise. Still waiting for Carnival's response to make up my mind. I might do other cruises with the Crazies, just not book more on Carnival as I would otherwise.

Dont worry I wouldnt drop it if Carnival doesnt answer, Ill keep on asking.

IOnce you have a cruise booked they no longer send you the advertisements, at least that is what I have been told by Carnival.

Makes no sense to me, the folks who would book lots of cruises are the ones they should be sending the sales to? The logic escapes me. It doesnt cost them anything to send a email. Just dumb.

Makes no sense to me, the folks who would book lots of cruises are the ones they should be sending the sales to? The logic escapes me. It doesnt cost them anything to send a email. Just dumb.

ahHA! So thats why I havent been getting the emails....thought my PVP was sore at me for booking a cruise online instead of going through her (got tired of trying to chase her down).

And I agree 100%...the should absolutely be sending the sale notices to those that are currently booked too!!! I actually want to book another cruise in the next few weeks.

Just got off the phone and had my 2nd booking (3rd and 4th guest) reduced by 40pp for May 30, 2009 cruise. The 1st and 2nd person had no change. Bonnie said no problem I didnt have to wait till Thrus. It was done in less than 5mins. TY to the OP.

Nice!!

hooray! Thanks to you great guys and gals, I saved $100 per stateroom as well! Every little bit helps with our crappy, crappy dollar! (the dollar has dropped over 20 cents since we booked!) I declined the upgrade, as the rooms we could get side by side are right beside the elevators, and I'm happy with our current location.

hooray! Thanks to you great guys and gals, I saved $100 per stateroom as well! Every little bit helps with our crappy, crappy dollar! (the dollar has dropped over 20 cents since we booked!) I declined the upgrade, as the rooms we could get side by side are right beside the elevators, and I'm happy with our current location.

I don't understand how everyone seems to get the reduced fare on an existing booking. Every time I've tried to do that, I always am told it's new bookings only. :confused:

I could save $260 if they'd give me the reduction. :(

[quote name='luvmytbear']I don't understand how everyone seems to get the reduced fare on an existing booking. Every time I've tried to do that, I always am told it's new bookings only. :confused:

I could save $260 if they'd give me the reduction. :([/quote]
:D Keep trying !! Your just have not got the right PVP Yet !! It's that simple !! If I was told someone would give me $260.00 to make a few extra 5 minutes calls ?? Well ??:eek: :D They would be hearing from me ! Good Luck and remember, I was told by my first PVP today that she could do nothing and two hours later I called back with a different PVP and got a 6 Cat up-grade ! Good Luck !!:)

[quote name='Sandytoes']I put in the code.
No matter which balcony category, I end up in 8G. Forward or Rear.
Saving $100.
I want a mid-ship balcony and not matter what I do, nothing shows.
What gives with that? :confused:..:rolleyes:[/quote]
My choices were also all category's to 8G. They are the most popular and the least of them open so my guess is that when those 20 cabins are gone Carnival can say "Hey , We did run a sale on that ship but those cabins are now gone, Sorry" I have always had a midship Balcony also but was going to try AFT this time anyway as the wide view from the back is said to blow the view from just one side away. We shall see. If you decide to try one of those prized AFT's do as I did yesterday. Call Carnival and switch your current cabin to an 8A. Then can back later with a different PVP and tell them you want to up-grade to the 8G. I then got up-graded at the 8A price simply because My last cabin was an 8A !:eek: :D Good Luck..

[quote name='Sandytoes']I put in the code.
No matter which balcony category, I end up in 8G. Forward or Rear.
Saving $100.
I want a mid-ship balcony and not matter what I do, nothing shows.
What gives with that? :confused:..:rolleyes:[/quote]

.....I never took a cabin on a higher deck, usually midship in a lower category. You can ask for a lower category and you'll be able to get it from Carnival even though it may not show.

wasiii

"Applicable on select sailings through 12/18/09."

MY sailings never seem to be one of the "select" sailing. :(

Invalid code for my Miracle 12/14/09 sailing. In fact, NO codes work for that sailing other than "best" (and I'm not military, so don't bother telling me what wonderful rates are available with that code, thanks very much!).

[quote name='firefly333']Makes no sense to me, the folks who would book lots of cruises are the ones they should be sending the sales to? The logic escapes me. It doesnt cost them anything to send a email. Just dumb.[/quote]I have been complaining about this for some time now. Even wrote a letter to marketing. It has not done any good. Just because I already have one cruise booked, wonder why they think I wouldn't be interested in another?! Oh well, I will just keep checking the website, and my PVP knows the situation so she will call me to let me know if there is a special or something I might be interested in.

[quote name='luvmytbear']I don't understand how everyone seems to get the reduced fare on an existing booking. Every time I've tried to do that, I always am told it's new bookings only. :confused:

I could save $260 if they'd give me the reduction. :([/quote]Maybe try calling someone else. I have had my particular cruise booked since August, and got a reduction of $65.00/person last night when I called. I have already had two or three reductions on the cruise I will be going on next year.

.....to see if I could get my B2Bs adjusted for next August. I saved $126, but I had to pay $25 for each booking change, so I netted out to $76.

Well, that just about pays for my auto-tips on the 4 day cruise.

:)

wasiii

I have a category 6B booked on Destiny for Christmas and I'm paying $350 less than the sale price. I know I'd get a 6D for that price, but upgrading without the sale is only $10 pp more! Guess this isn't the sale for me!

[quote name='4cruizers']I have been complaining about this for some time now. Even wrote a letter to marketing. It has not done any good. Just because I already have one cruise booked, wonder why they think I wouldn't be interested in another?! Oh well, I will just keep checking the website, and my PVP knows the situation so she will call me to let me know if there is a special or something I might be interested in.[/quote]

I have two email addys - one for personal, one for work. I use personal for all my cruise info that Carnival sends me when booking. I signed up at Carnival.com with my work one using my maiden name and I still receive all the promo info on that address.

You can get a yahoo or hotmail account for nothing. Might be worth it to sign up with Carnival with a second address and continue to get the emails there . . . most services allow you to forward to your primary so you don't even have to bother checking the other one. :D

Sneaky? Maybe . . . Smart? Definitely! ;)

Archived