Where to whale watch?PV or Cabo?

crazy4cruising

We are sailing on Sapphire Princess Jan 31-Feb 6 2009. We are a group of 4 adults/3 kiddos and really want to go whale watching. Which port is best for this activity? I think Princess only offers it in one port, but we may want to book privately on this one anyway. We are thinking of Johann & Sandra. Does anyone have any advice on which port may be best for this? Any personal experience with this would be appreciated. FYI, I did try the search feature, but no luck! Thanks so much!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We were in Cabo this Feb and went whale watching with Pez Gato. It was fantastic! A catamaran that has room for about 40, but didn't feel crowded. A bathroom is available. They provide juice, beer and chips and salsa. A great time and we saw lots of whales! The price was very reasonable and they are located right by the tender area. I found out about them here on cruise critic and can't say enough good things about them!

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...
I'm also hearing the last week of November is too early for either one of these stops.....would that be the case??

Are you asking if November is too early for whale watching? Would that make late September the wrong time as well? Just curious :confused:

Yes unfortunately November etc. is too early for the official whalewatchseason.

Like in Puerto vallarta those tours are not allowed to start before around December 10.

While sailing you might see one or two whales on their way to Mexico.

Most whales arrive in December and swim back around Mid to end of March.

Yes unfortunately November etc. is too early for the official whalewatchseason.

Like in Puerto vallarta those tours are not allowed to start before around December 10.

While sailing you might see one or two whales on their way to Mexico.

Most whales arrive in December and swim back around Mid to end of March.

Yeah I did some searching and found that out as well. Oh Bummer :( Guess that just means I need to try and come back next time during those months. :D Any excuse to cruise right? :p

I tried to book with Pez Gato but now they are asking where I am staying. If I say I'm on a ship I'm afraid they wont let me book because of contract. If I say I'm staying at any random hotel will they check? What should I do?

Tell them Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (in Cabo). If they ask for a room assignment, tell them it is not assigned until you check in. You can tell them you've requested Bldg 27 if they are insistent. I would give arrival as the day before the ship pulls in. Sunset Beach allows check in any day of the week.

We you get to the pier for Pez Gato, if they still want a room number tell them its #2753. It's a real room.

One other piece of advice. Don't show up looking like you just got off a cruise ship. Don't be carrying a cruise ship towel out in the open, put your cruise ship ID away (don't have it hanging on your neck). Mums the word. No cruise ship beach bag/ball cap/etc.

I contacted Pez Gato and where they had what hotel I just put the cruise ship I'd be on. He contacted my about the excursion and didn't say anything about me being on a cruise ship.

Archived