Dinning reservations for suite passangers

WorldofTnT

We are setting sail on the Carnival Miracle on friday for the two nite cruise to nowhere from tampa. We have a suite and was wondering what special things they do for the suite passangers? Also when and how do you make dinning reservations for the the super club? Do Suite passangers get help in make those like on other cruiselines?

Trey

We have a suite and was wondering what special things they do for the suite passangers?
Absolutely nothing beyond Skippers Club (priority check-in/boarding).

Do Suite passangers get help in make those like on other cruiselines?
No.

Nothing, really. I think the addition of a VCR in some cases and just a bit more room, but that is it. And, the Skipper Club priority boarding is hit and miss. Only book it if you want that extra room and have the money.

PS - they should not be allowed to use the term "suite".

Cat 11's and 12's are really over rated. Just a little bit more sq ft and absolutely no different amenities. But alot more money. I don't mind paying more but only if I'm getting something I value for it. The skipper's club is a joke.

And about making reservations for Nick & Nora's (supper club) on the Miracle...shouldn't be a problem. They were having an extremely difficult time getting people in there last week. Our wait staff was telling us that they just haven't been very busy, and they're not sure why. I don't know if people aren't aware it exists or are scared away by the "nominal charge" mentioned in advertising. We went up to N&N's the day we boarded, and they had a table set up for making reservations.

You also get better steward service.
I do not agree with this statement *at all.* The cabin steward I had in a Cat 12 was simply adequate, nothing special there whatsoever.

We recently did a cat 12 on Sensation (older ship). Only the 11 and 12 categories have verandas. Also a larger TV and VCR (which we didn't use). Nice bar area and great living room. It was one of the last trips out of Tampa. The Skippers Club was really only an alcove in the area where everyone else gets on line. Nice but since we got there early was only of minimal benefit. The room was fantastic for three of us. Our room attendant was delightful - she thought of absolutely everything. Never had to ask for a thing. Other than the wonderful room, there really is not much other benefits. We booked early and got a fantastic rate. We really wanted the balcony - and we USED it A LOT!. On the larger ships with lots of balconies, I doubt we'd splurge on the suite.

On RCCL you get a lot more perks - had a "B" suite with concierge lounge, priority everything, goodies in the room, etc..

Carnival lacks vision when it comes to cat 11's and 12's. They should offer a series of perk's for the price tag. We sailed The Grand Princess a couple years ago in The Grand Suite. The most expensive cruise we have ever taken. The difference was the suite was a floating condo. Not an L shaped cabin and a long list of amenities.

Problem is when you left you room you were on a Princess ship, lol, Ok staying on topic.....

To my knowledge the only way to get the King/Queen treatment on Carnival which is what I think the OP is asking is to sail in the Owner Suite on The Fantasy class ships.

To my knowledge the only way to get the King/Queen treatment on Carnival which is what I think the OP is asking is to sail in the Owner Suite on The Fantasy class ships.

Should I bring my crown, or will they provide that, too?

We did hand pick this suite because of the loaction. We have one of the cabins in teh back of the ship with a wrap around balcony. From teh pictures I have seen of the cabin it is indeed two seprate rooms. Unlike the others in this catagory which are one large room.

Trey

Call the purser upon arrival. Be sure and tell them which Penthouse your in, one or two. Advise them you would like your crown to be delivered the morning of the 1st formal night. And for GAWD"S sake don't forget to tell them what color gown you will be wearing so that its color coordinated.

Anything less would be tacky!

IMHO those wrap around category cabins are better than any other suite on any other Carnival ship. The balcony is what makes it. Carnival really should not call their category eleven and twelves a suite. They are not. You have to laugh at the the term used as "Penthouse Suites". That they are not and no you get nothing extra for booking a suite. You do not always get the Skippers Club. It depends on the port and who you ask. Each Carnival rep has their own definition of the meaning of this.

Archived